Monday, November 15, 2010

Cute Porter Moments

Porter is just the cutest little guy ever. He is just so sweet. I wanted to make sure that I blogged about a couple of cute moments about Porter to make sure that I never forget them.

For the last like 6 months or so, Porter has been getting super good at folding his arms and closing his eyes for at least the beginning of the prayers that we say with him. It is adorable. Sometimes I will peek (haha) and I will see him squinting like he is trying to be so good at keeping his eyes closed, but just has to peek a little. Well last week, we were saying evening prayer and Porter started babbling and babbling like he was saying the prayer. The whole time he kept his arms folded and his eyes closed. SO ADORABLE! At the end he wasn't saying anything and so I guessed that he was all done. I opened my eyes and said amen. He then said..'no, no, no and closed his eyes and folded his arms again and started "talking" again. This happened about 3 times. He is only (almost) 21 months old, and he is already understanding so much about prayer. It makes me so thankful. His little prayer had to be the cutest thing in the whole world.

Last week for the first time, we started talking to Porter about our little baby in my tummy. It was so funny because right away he came up to my tummy and gave it the biggest hug. He then started saying baby and pointing to my tummy. He then would blow kisses over and over again to my tummy. It was so sweet. It was very interesting to Paul and I that he picked up on the concept so easily and showed so much affection. It made us think that he remembered his brother or sister from heaven and knew exactly what was going on. I really believe that we would be shocked how much our little children remember from their pre- earth life. It was just such a special experience for us to see.

So for the last month or so, every little speck on the carpet Porter points to it and says 'BUG'. He then tries to push it away like is afraid of it. We try to explain to him that it isn't a bug, and try to show him real bugs, but he just doesn't get it. So now every time Porter takes a bath, any floaty thing in his bath water he points and says 'BUG'. It has gotten to the point where he won't even sit down in the bath anymore because he thinks that there is bugs everywhere..haha! We have tried bubble bath so that the water is covered in bubbles and he won't be able to see every floaty speck (haha), but it hasn't worked so far. Silly little kid.

Last Wednesday morning, I was awakened by a loud thud. I ran into Porter's room to see what had happened and I saw him on the floor in front of his crib. At first he was fussing a little bit and came up to me to give his arm, his leg, etc. a kiss better. He then started laughing uncontrollably and pointed back up to his crib so that he could try falling out of his crib again. Crazy kid. I think a toddler bed will be on Porter's Christmas list this year.

Just tonight, Porter threw up 3 times while we were trying to put him to bed..poor kid. I scrubbed him clean while Paul cleaned up the throw up mess. I then brushed his teeth and gave him the tooth brush afterwards to practice brushing his own teeth. Paul and I left his room for a second and when we returned, Porter was sitting on his potty with his toothbrush in his mouth, his helmet on his head and somehow had gotten a hold of our digital camera and was looking through pictures of himself..hahaha. How did he figure that one out? And how had he even gotten a hold of our digital camera..whoops. But I have to say it was pretty hilarious.

Life is never dull with our little Porter. He brings so much energy and happiness into our life. He is the best little boy ever! We love you Porter so much!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Oh he sounds so adorable! Ryan started doing prayers and now he's not liking them so much. He only sits and listens if I sign them. So when he says a prayer, he likes to sign them. So silly! I can't believe how sweet he is to your belly. Ryan doesn't care much at all. haha. I'm feeling lots better so if you're feeling well enough, we need to hang out. I think the boys will have lots of fun hanging out!