Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Red Butte Gardens

Last Friday was free admisson at Red Butte Garden's because of Arbor Day. Since Paul was at school all day, Porter and I decided that would be a fun activity for us to do. I had heard over and over again how beautiful it was up there so I was so excited when I heard about the free admission. It was a FREEZING day, but fun nonetheless. Porter and I walked around for a good 2 hours and experienced snow, hail and rain during that time. Porter didn't seem to care one bit. He just loved running around and seeing all of the beautiful things and making friends with all of the little kids that walked by. It is so fun seeing what a friendly little guy he is. He would follow some of the little kids around forever. So cute!
It was absolutely breath taking there and I can't imagine how even more beautiful it would have been if everything wasn't covered in snow. Anyone that hasn't been there should definitely go. It was so relaxing and beautiful there. I will definitely be going back again this summer. The best part of the whole excursion, was that at the end all of the little kids got to take home their very own tree. I let Porter play around with it (which was a big mistake), and I think he ended up breaking it.. so hopefully it will survive.

2 comments:

EvaandJosiah said...

Oh man how fun, he looks so cute! Man we need to hang out with Emily more often so we can enjoy all the fun activities you do. You know when you have your own home, you would make an awesome Nanny for people. People would pay big bucks.

Shirley said...

You are such a fun mom! I would have been out of there in 20 minutes! haha. Plus I love how you let Porter do his own thing. He is SO lucky to have you!