Last weekend we celebrated the 17th of May (Syttende Mai) which is Norway's Independence Day at the International Peace Gardens. We had a lot of fun! We had every weather in just a couple of hours. It even started hailing while we were there. Silly Utah! We ate delicious Norwegian Polser (hotdogs), and drank solo (yummy Norwegian soda). We were super frustrated because they were out of Norwegian chocolate by the time we finally made it to the front of the food line! :( Oh well. We had fun watching the mini Norwegian parade that they do and listening to the wonderful speakers. We had a great time hanging out with family.Here are some adorable pictures of my Mom and her boyfriend Bill. Aren't they such a cute couple? We just love Bill to pieces and think he is the best.What a wonderful tradition we do every year. Here is our blog from when we went last year. http://http//paulplusemily.blogspot.com/2009/05/syttende-mai-17th-of-may.html
Here's Porter in his cute little outfit. He definitely loved eating the Norwegian icecream. Here's an adorable picture of my little sister Natasha and cute little Porter. Here are Paul and I, and Natasha and Colby decked out in our Norwegian best.And we even got to ride on a real viking ship! What a fun day!! And it definitely got me even more excited to go to Norway in just 2 more months!!! :)
I can't believe it's already been a year since last time! Porter was so little. I love the pic of you and Paul in the cut out. Paul's face is so cute. I love that Porter was wearing his Norwegian sweater too. I love that thing. Your mom's boyfriend looks like a great guy. I am glad they have each other.
3 comments:
I can't believe it's already been a year since last time! Porter was so little. I love the pic of you and Paul in the cut out. Paul's face is so cute. I love that Porter was wearing his Norwegian sweater too. I love that thing. Your mom's boyfriend looks like a great guy. I am glad they have each other.
Wow, how cool Emily. and oh so fun. Your mom and bill are so cute. I love Anka. Best of luck and yay Norway is coming up soon.
So fun! Your pictures are all so cute. Especially the ones of Porter!
Post a Comment