Saturday, May 1, 2010

International Peace Gardens

Porter and I went to storytime last Monday at a library in Salt Lake City. It is so much fun to see how friendly Porter is with all of the other kids at storytime. He is so social and loves to be around other people. I think his favorite part of storytime is the songs that are sung. He gets the biggest smile on his face and I can tell that he just loves it. After story time was over, I realized that we were just a couple of minutes from the International Peace Gardens and so I decided to take Porter on a little walk through the Gardens. For those of you that haven't heard of the Gardens before, they were designed as a celebration of cultures throughout the world, with plots that represent 26 countries and 14 nations. It was dedicated in 1947 to foster world peace. The gardens are SO BEAUTIFUL and SO PEACEFUL! I could seriously walk around the park for hours. I love it there. Porter seemed to like it as well. We walked around for about 1 1/2 hours. When we came home, Porter was worn out and took a 3 hour nap.

If you have never been to International Peace Gardens, I highly recommend it!! And if you need someone to go with you, we would LOVE to go again! :)

1 comment:

Shirley said...

We'll go! It looks like so much fun!