Thursday, May 20, 2010

Our little boy

WARNING: SUPER LONG BUT SUPER CUTE PICTURES of our little sweetheart!!!!
Porter is growing up so fast and is learning so many fun and new things. Our little guy is just so stinkin cute I can't even believe it. He is definitely a little ham and loves to give big beautiful smiles that just melt your heart. What a handsome little guy we have and he definitely knows how adorable he is. He is definitely one busy little guy. This kid never stops. He has started running and jumping and hanging from EVERYTHING. He is so strong. Paul hangs him from the bars at the park, from the shower rod in the bathroom, he hangs on the table in the kitchen. And he loves it. He just giggles and giggles. He is definitely our little gymnist. I love my little baby so much. Porter has INCREDIBLE hair and it just keeps getting more and more curly. I LOVE IT.

He has energy like I have never seen before. Sometimes Paul and I just stop to watch him and it is amazing how he just goes and goes. His most favorite thing right now is to be outside. He could spend all day outside and never get tired or bored if we let him. Whenever we tell him that we are going outside, he heads straight for the door. The other day he even brought me my purse. What a smart little kid. He is constantly taking the keys to the door and tries to put them in the lock to open the door. We spend many days at the park. Porter isn't shy with other kids at the park and will go right up to them and start playing.
He amazes me everyday with how smart he is. He tries to put his own shoes and socks on, and tries to put yours on for you as well. He knows how to turn on the TV and flip through the channels. He is doing very well at feeding himself with a fork and a spoon even though it is pretty messy sometimes. He still has a HUGE problem with throwing food that he doesn't like (or when he is done with it) onto the floor so any suggestions you can give for this would be extremely helpful. He is definitely a little monkey. He climbs onto EVERYTHING. He has learned how to climb into the dryer (his new favorite hiding place), onto chairs in the kitchen, onto his rocking chair, onto couches, and the other day he even climbed up the slide and went down all by himself. We have to watch him 24/7 because he has even tried to climb the bookshelves and dressers, which could be scary.
He still LOVES books and 'reads' them all the time. It is so cute to listen to him pretend to read the books. I love our quiet time at night before we put him to bed when we cuddle and read stories.
He still goes to bed pretty easily at night and usually goes down around 8:00. His morning schedule, however is getting pretty crazy. He last week or so, he has wanted to get up for the day at around 5:30-6..which I think is WAY too early. Hopefully this will change soon or else I will start having to go to bed a lot earlier than I have been.
He is getting very good at making animal sounds and his favorite animal is definitely a dog. Whenever he sees a dog, he gets the bigest smile on his face and has to go and pet it. He is very good with animals and isn't scared of them one bit (no matter how big they are.)
Porter LOVES balls. He throws them so well (he has quite the little arm for such a little guy.) He also has started kicking the balls which is so much fun to watch. He will be all ready for his 2 year old soccer team next Spring! :)
Porter got his first 'owie' on his knee the other day and it made him (and me) so sad. We put some cream on it and a bandaid (but that didn't last long).

Being a Mom is the best thing in the world. I am just so in love with my little Porter!

3 comments:

EvaandJosiah said...

Emily,
I think that you are in love :) again.. haha Porter is such a doll. he has Norweigan Power plus his dad is a giant.Hello.. he has super strength. I love his hair too. I love his curls. I love his cute big blue eyes. They are so clear. I love that he can hang from his two little hands, wow.. that is super strength. Kaaja can totally not do that... super norweigan strength. Your family out there is going to love him! Ican't wait to see the pictures already. Man parks are awesome! I wish I could have one in my backyard and rotate different ones every day so the kids didn't get bored. haha I wish.. you do the most neat things with him.. you are a awesome mommy!

Shirley said...

I can't believe how old he looks in these pictures. He is growing so fast. Porter is so stinking cute. I love how much he loves life. I am amazed that he eats with a fork! Ryan tries, but he more plays than eats. I have no suggestions for when he throws food. For me that's when I know he's done. I try to sign all done or finished and I hope that he will start doing that soon instead! I love your posts like this (i love all of them) but you are such a good mommy!

Cerra said...

What a doll! You are going to have to ask our mom, but I am pretty sure there is a pic of Paul about that same age in the dryer too...