Monday, May 17, 2010

Baby Elsa

I AM AN AUNT AGAIN!!! :) I am FINALLY blogging about my beautiful little niece Elsa Jane Haslam that was born last month on April 14th at 3:17 a.m. to my brother Erik and sister in law Dara. She was 7 lbs and 20 inches long. She was in the breech position and never turned and so she had to be delivered via c-section. Elsa was in the NICU for a little over a week because she was having trouble breathing and was fighting an infection. They thought she would be in the hospital for at least a couple more weeks than she was. She is definitely a little fighter. Dara is recovering well from her c-section and little Elsa is doing wonderful at home. She has the most beautiful dark eyes you have ever seen, and lots of hair. I think she is a wonderful combination of both Dara and Erik. Isn't she just precious? She isn't allowed to be around groups of people or babies until she is 2 months because of her weakened immune system, so we have had a hard time trying to find a babysitter for Porter so that we can go and visit her. I had put off blogging about her until I had more pictures, but I will post more as soon as I get them. She is such a little sweetheart and I am so excited to watch her grow and to see her little personality start to show. Dara and Erik are exceptional parents and I am so happy for them. I love this little girl so much already! I am super excited that Porter has a cousin that is so close in age. CONGRATULATIONS ERIK AND DARA!! Love you guys!!

1 comment:

A whole lot of muffin said...

She is a beautiful little girl.. I'm so glad she is doing well. I can't even imagine how hard it has been for your family to go though.. She is a little fighter.. what a special little girl!!