Monday, May 10, 2010

PAUL IS GRADUATED

Last Friday Paul graduated from the University of Utah with a double major in Computer Science and Spanish and a minor in Architecture. I am so incredibly proud of him and all of his hard work. It isn't easy taking close to 20 credit hours every semester while working at 3:00A.M. every morning and with a little 1 year old running around the house. He never complained once about his crazy schedule! He is absolutely amazing! I love you and look up to you so much Paul! You are such an awesome man and I am so thankful for you!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE DONE!!!!
Thursday night, he finished his last class. To celebrate, we put Porter to sleep for the night and then I made some yummy 'Lure' hamburgers (his favorite food), french fries and corn on the cob. It was the first time I had tried this particular recipe for hamburgers and it actually turned out pretty scrumptious. Paul loved them. For dessert we had a delicious turtle pie. It was super yummy, but I ate way too much. Porter and I bought him a cool 'U' t-shirt and shorts! We had a super fun night!
Friday was THE BIG GRADUATION DAY! Something neat about Paul's graduation was that my older sister Donna graduated with her Master's in History, and my younger brother Erik graduated with his Bachelor's in Political Science the same day as Paul. That made it extra special. I am am so proud of all of my graduates!! :) WAY TO GO!! Erik wasn't able to make it to graduation because his new baby can't leave their house for 2 months because of all of her birth difficulties..so he didn't want to be at graduation without his wife and baby which is totally understandable. We need to make sure to go and visit and get some pictures of Paul and Erik together!! Paul and Donna were able to get some great pictures together, so that was a lot of fun! I ordered them Hawaiian Leis from the Hawaiian Hut in Salt Lake City. They turned out super nice and the flowers smelled so good! I was so excited that they had flowers in the University of Utah colors.
AND HERE ARE PICTURES OF THE GRADUATE!!!!
WHAT A HANDSOME GRADUATE!! :) Porter is also SUPER proud of his Daddy and the wonderful example that he is to him. He had fun running around outside during the picture taking.
Here are some pictures of my sister Donna and her family. What a beautiful lady she is. I am so very proud of her and her HUGE accomplishment of recieving her Master's Degree. I have always looked up to her so much. She is my hero! Congratulations Donna! I LOVE YOU!

Paul didn't want to walk with his class (I tried to talk him into it, but he wouldn't budge) so right after pictures we headed to Idaho for his Father's wedding. This weekend we are having a graduation barbecue for Paul, Donna and Erik. That should be LOTS of fun!! Once again I am so incredibly proud of Paul, Donna and Erik!!! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! YOU DID IT....WHOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

Shirley said...

You are the cutest wife and sister, ever! I am so glad I am your friend. Paul is SO lucky to have you. That celebration dinner looked awesome! And I LOVED Porter's outfit at the graduation!

Congrats to Paul! Being graduated is the best feeling ever. And I know how hard he worked! :)