Friday, December 3, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

This Thanksgiving, I made it a point to remember all of the many blessings in my life that I have to be thankful for. I am especially grateful for such a loving husband and beautiful son. They are everything to me. I am also grateful for all of my family and friends. I am thankful for the knowledge that I have of the gospel and my savior Jesus Christ and that he has blessed me with so many wonderful people in my life.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year at my Mom's house in Pleasant Grove. There were 25 people total..definitely a full house, but so much fun. All of my siblings except for my brother Erik came, and all of my Step Dad's family, except one son, came. Even my step sister Sadie and her family, and my sister Donna's step kids drove all the way down from Oregon to spend Thanksgiving with us. I am so thankful for my Mom and for all the effort that she put in to make this Thanksgiving such a special one. Porter looked so cute in his little Turkey headband that we made at home early Thanksgiving Day. He had so much fun coloring the turkey and the feathers. He is such a cutie.
Here is Paul and I waiting patiently for the yummy food! Here we all are enjoying our wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Just looking at the food makes my mouth water. The food was absolutely delicious! My Mom is just the best cook in the world!!Porter ate so well, and I think his favorite Thanksgiving foods were definitely the mashed potatoes and gravy, the jello salad, and the rolls. And no Thanksgiving dessert is complete without PIE! Porter's favorite was banana cream!! Just like his mamas!! :)And after all the turkey and thanksgiving dessert, the best thing to do is definitely take a nap!
I have to say that I was definitely jealous of Aaron fitting a nap in!! Here are some more fun pictures of our crazy gang!!
Isn't my husband so handsome!!! I love him so much! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!


2 comments:

Cerra said...

Emy, that headband is soooo cute. What a fun activity. Portie looks even bigger and older than when you guys were hear 3 weeks ago. He's so cute.

Shirley said...

I love thanksgiving!! All that food looks amazing and I bet it was so much fun with that many people. Porter looks so cute! I love his headband.