Monday, June 21, 2010

4th Marathon= Utah Valley Marathon

On June 12th, I ran my 4th marathon which was the Utah Valley Marathon. My sister Natasha and her husband Colby were nice to let me spend the night before my marathon at their house. Natasha made chicken burritos for us and we talked and played tetris all night. It was so much fun. We finally went to sleep at about 1:30, and I had to get up at 3:30 for my marathon which basically meant that I didn't get any sleep at all. But that was fine, I usually can't sleep much before my marathons anyway. The marathon buses left from the Provo Town Center Mall at 4:30 in the morning and headed up the mountain. I had a been a little nervous about the weather since thunderstorms and extremely cold weather were predicted, but it turned out just fine. The race was supposed to start at 5:30 AM but ended up starting about 20 minutes late, and it was a little cold at the starting line, about 30 degrees. The first 11 miles, it rained and rained non stop. I LOVED IT. Luckily, I was well equiped with arm warmers, running pants and a hat to keep the rain off of my face. I really felt awesome the whole entire race. It was my first marathon where I didn't hit a wall. The race was an absolutely beautiful run down Provo Canyon and ended up back at the mall. I think the rain and colder weather gave me a lot of energy. Thank goodness it wasn't the average 80-90 degree weather that it usually is this time of the year. I finished in 4:30.. a horrible time, but that's ok. At least I finished, right? I think my next marathon I will not stop at any of the aid stops and hopefully that will help my time a little bit. It was so much fun seeing Paul and Porter at the finish line. Afterwards, we went home and I slept the rest of the day!!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

WAY. TO. GO! You're amazing!! I probably would have slipped in the rain and injured myself:)

Shirley said...

You are amazing! How do you run a marathon and end up looking so stinking cute at the end? I love it!