Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Strawberry Days

I grew up in Pleasant Grove, and ever year in June the city has a Strawberry Days Festival. It is so much fun full of all sorts of great activities. To start out the festival fun, last Friday Porter and my brother Shane and I went to the Huck Finn Day at Battle Creek Park which is right down the road from my Mom's house. The fire department flooded the park with water and added fish for the public to fish out. We bought fish nets for Shane and Porter and they had an absolute blast in the water. Shane was actually the first one out of everyone to catch a fish. GREAT JOB SHANE! Porter was so adorable with his little fishing net. I need to take him fishing more often. He had a blast! It was so cute to watch him run in the water with his net like everyone else. What a sweetie!

Afterwards, we took Porter to the carnival. I was for sure that he would like the merry go round this time because he kept standing by the fence and looking at it and dancing to the music. So we bought our tickets and put him on the horse. He was totally fine until his horse started going up and down and then he started crying. Poor baby. After that ride, I bought him a snow cone and we went and played a duck carnival game to make him happy.


He won 2 balls and was super happy after that. I think we will have to wait a couple more years until he enjoys the carnival rides!

The next day was the STRAWBERRY DAYS RODEO..my favorite. Paul hates the rodeo, what a bum, and so he stayed home with Porter while I went and enjoyed the rodeo with my Mom, her boyfriend Bill, my sister Natasha and her husband Colby, Colby's Mom, my brother Shane and brother Teddy. We sure missed him and Porter but we had tons of fun. And the best part of the rodeo was definitely the strawberries and cream...Mmmm..soooooooo delicious. I loved the bull riding and a lady named Amanda Payne did an awesome show where she was able to get 2 huge buffalo on top of the trailer and then she rode her horse up there right next to them..amazing!! She is the only woman in the world that has been able to do this..so awesome! When I upload the video to you tube I will add it. It was amazing!

What a fun couple of days at Strawberry Days. I am already getting excited for next year! :)

1 comment:

Shirley said...

That is so fun that you have an annual tradition like Strawberry Days. It looks awesome! Porter is absolutely adorable. I think he has the cutest smile ever! I love his soccer clothes pictures.

And congrats to Paul (and you!) for his new job! I bet that is so exciting to have him home more. Jared's schedule is the same and it is awesome! I am so happy for you guys!!!