When I heard the devasting news about little Ethan Stacy being murdered, I knew that I wanted to do something to help. I was so happy to hear about the Teddy Bear Drive that the community was doing in his honor. Thank you so much for all of those who donated the stuffed animals. We were able to gather 60 animals to donate. Thank you so much. Here are the animals that we donated, and the bags at the door, ready to go!
It was only during the afternoon after the inconsistencies and contradicting stories they both told the police did they finally direct the police to Ethan's burial site.Ever since hearing of little Ethan's story, I have thought of him and cried every single day. It really hit me and I feel as if he was my own little boy. It just makes my heart hurt so much to think of all the pain and suffering that these monsters (to put it nicely) put him through. Such a horrendous act done by the 2 people that he should have been able to be protected by and been able to rely on. And that his Mom sat there and watched her husband abuse and torture him just blows me away. It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. Here is a little letter written by a lady named Stephanie, written as if by Ethan.
Dear Mommy,
I didn’t want to come to Utah I’ll miss my daddy so I don’t have any friends here But, the judge told my daddy I had to go.
But, I think that we’ll have fun together- Maybe we can go to the park? Maybe we can watch cartoons Or play hide and seek in the dark.
Maybe we can bake a cake Or we can play on the slide Or you know I like to color and draw-We can use chalk on the street outside.
Mommy, I didn’t mean to fall And drop your plate and make it shatter. I was running too fast to help clean up I’m sorry … the reason doesn’t matter.
Mommy, please – I’m really sorry I will always do what you say Or I know that I’ll get slapped again. But, he seems to do it anyway.
Mommy, I’m sorry that I can’t stop crying I’ll go straight to bed. I just can’t help it… I’m so tired Please tell him to stop hitting my head.
Mom, stop taking pictures-I just don’t feel like I can smile. Mom, can I please have some medicine? My head’s been hurting for a while.
Mommy I’m sorry that I got so dirty And, I know that it’s a lesson I have to learn.Please let me out of this bath tubIt’s hot and my legs are starting to burn.
Mom, is that my dad on the phone? Can I please tell him hi? I promise I won’t tell him your boyfriend hurts me- And, I promise I won’t cry.
Mom, please let me out of here. I’m hungry and tired and sad. Can I please have some dinner?Just a little bit- I promise I won’t make you mad.
Mommy, where are you? I need you to help me please.Mommy…PLEASE… I need your help I am begging on my knees. Mommy, I think I’m tired nowI have no more tears to cry. I probably won’t wake up this time; So, this is my goodbye-Mommy- I am just so little And, I didn’t mean to make you mad. I’m going up to heaven now-And, really….I’m kind of glad.
But, mom, one thing before I go I just need to say- Please tell my dad I love him. But, I will be okay. I am going to heaven now. And I won’t hurt anymore. I will smile and run around And I will be able to act like I’m four. Please-I never got to tell my dad And, I just want him to be sure-
That he knows, that I know, that I was his world And he tried to protect me from who he knew you were.
Mother- I can’t stay awake anymore My eyes are closing…I can’t see. I wonder if you will be shown the mercy That you were never able to show me.
Tell my dad I’m sorry I couldn’t come home. But I am going to heaven today. But, I’ll be watching him from up above And I’ll show him I’m there in my very own way.
He’ll see my smile in the sunshine He’ll feel my warmth from it’s rays. I will wait in heaven for him. Until it’s his time to come this way.
Please bless my dad, and those who will cry Because I am leaving earth this way. Please thank them for their love and ask them To please help get justice for kids like me today.
Love, Ethan
I truely believe though, that Christ spared the majority of the pain that this little guy had to suffer.
And I also know that this little guy was surrounded by angels while he was suffering and when he died. And I also know without a shadow of a doubt that he is in heaven now with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, surrounded by people that love him so much.
He is happy, safe and protected. And forgive me for my word usage, but I also know that there has to be a special place in hell saved for these 2 people that took away this young and innocent life. Here's a poem I want to share which I think is just beautiful.There is no fear in heaven, no more sorrow; only joy
It's filled with joyous laughter from each little girl and boy.
We can only try to imagine, in spite of all earthly wrongs,
Our little angels are learning the words to the angel songs.
Amidst the children's laughter and their heavenly play,
there's also more important work going on there today.
Jesus is building mansions, never taking time to sleep,
For Reunions are being planned, yes, even as we weep.
The children gather around Him, and listen to Him speak,
For he has all the answers that they curiously seek.
He tells them for a time, in heaven they must wait,
And then they can meet us at heaven's pearly gate.
~Ferna Lary Mills
I definitely have held my baby Porter a little tighter, read him stories a little longer, and showed my love for him a little more because you never know what can happen in this life.
1 comment:
Emily, I am so touched that you did this. What a great thing. I am glad that little boy is with Heavenly Father now. Such a tragedy he had to face on Earth. My prayers are with his family. Again, thanks so much for doing that. You did a GREAT job!
Post a Comment