January 16th, Porter had the day off of school. So I decided to pack the boys up and take them to the Red Butte Gardens up by the University of Utah. The gardens are half priced during the winter, and even though there isn’t a lot of garden this time of the year, I thought it was a great place for the boys to be able to run around and get some energy out. And the views of the mountains and down into the valley were beautiful. The boys LOVED exploring here. They also loved that there was tons of snow there, as we haven’t had a lot of snow so far this winter at our house.
I can’t believe how much energy the boys have. They were running and hiking and exploring all over the place. They were almost impossible to keep up with. But it felt so good to get out and walk around a bit.
It was so cute to watch how excited they were to play in the snow. They would stop to make snow angels and build all kinds of things with the snow.
Here they are drawing pictures on the sidewalk with the snow!
They stopped for a while to build this little train out of snow. They were both so proud!
Even little Owen enjoyed the scenery and eating his delicious crackers! Love that little face so much!!
As we were walking back up the hill, heading back to our car.. all of a sudden Kaden stopped and pointed toward the sky. Then he said, “look at the beautiful sky.. I think I can see Heavenly Father and Jesus up there in the light in the clouds.” I thought it was so sweet that the beauty of the sky reminded him of Heavenly Father and Jesus. He is such a little sweetheart.
Porter was not happy when we were ready to go home. I think that he could have spent all day and then some running around and exploring the gardens. I will have to make sure to bring them all back soon. What a wonderful day that we had!! So glad I could spend it with my boys!! I love you Porter, Kaden and Owen so much!! Wish that Paul could have been there with us too. Maybe next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment