There is nothing quite like walking around Temple Square during Christmas time. This has been a tradition of ours as long as I can remember and every year I am still completely in awe at how beautiful it is there. We were lucky enough to have my Mom join us this year. It was so much fun watching the boys running around looking at the lights. It is always wonderful showing them the displays of the birth of Christ, the beautiful Salt Lake Temple where Paul and I were married, and all of the other Christmas lights and decorations.
In the North Visitors Center on Temple Square, there is an eleven foot Christ figure known as the ‘Christus’. Porter really wanted to go and see it during our night on Temple Square to see the lights. There were tons of people there this night, and so I promised him that I would take him to temple square sometime in the near future to see the Christus. About a week later we went back to Temple Square. We spent the day walking around Temple Square, visiting the museums and malls and had so much fun!
One of the boys favorite part of visiting downtown SLC is definitely the fountains that are all over the place. They especially love throwing pennies in and making wishes!
It was really neat to see the nativity scene on Temple Square without so many people crowding it out.
They did such a beautiful job depicting the birth of Christ.
We love Temple Square and I am so grateful I was able to spend a couple of days there with my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment