Friday, January 9, 2015

Porter’s Service Learning Project/ Performance

In Porter’s Kindergarten class, they had a session where they were learning about needs vs. wants.  As a class they began to learn about different Wants and Needs that people have in their lives. They learned that a Want is like a wish, you don't absolutely need it to live. A Need is like your heart, you have to have it to live. As they were learning about the differences, the teacher explained to the students that they would be making scarves and learning a dance and song in the classroom that would be presented to the elderly people at the Legacy House (Nursing Home) across from the school.   They learned a little about the needs and wants of the elderly people that lived there and that they would be making scarves and showing them a dance because the people there also have needs that have to be met in their lives as well, warmth and happiness!

I am so happy and grateful that Porter was able to participate in such a wonderful service opportunity!  He loved it and I still find him singing the song that they performed. 

Porter Service Learning3

Porter Service Learning2

Porter Service Learning5

There is our cute little Porter in the middle front! Smile

Porter Service Learning

Porter Service Learning4

And here is the video of them performing.  I think they did such a great job.  It is so cute and I know that the residents loved it. 

No comments: