Friday, January 9, 2015

Sugar House Park

We had some left over rolls and bread that I had made that was not going to get eaten before it went bad.  So we decided to take the kids and the bread and feed the ducks at Sugar House Park.  Owen had never been there before and I was excited to take him and see his reaction when he saw all of the birds. 

PC032861

PC032863

PC032864

PC032865

PC032866

PC032869

PC032870

PC032871

PC032872

Porter and Kaden had a lot of fun feeding the birds, and Owen was so cute while he was watching them.  When they got near him, his whole body would just shake and he would just giggle and giggle because he was so excited.  It was adorable. 

PC032873

PC032896

PC032897

PC032876

PC032877

PC032879

PC032880

PC032882PC032883

PC032887

While the boys were running around feeding the ducks the bread, they went out a little too far and stepped onto the receeding part of the lake bed.  It looked like it was fairly dry but the minute they stepped on, they started sinking into the mud.  It seriously was exactly like quick sand.  Before we knew it.. the mud was almost up to their knees.  I was scared to death.  They couldn’t get out by themselves.  I ran to help them but with each step I took.. I would sink in as well to where it was hard for me to get my feet out of the mud to get closer to where they were.  Somehow luckily I made it to them and I was able to pull them out of it.  So glad that they were ok.  We were all pretty muddy, to say the least, after that experience. 

PC032895

PC032894

PC032888PC032889

PC032890

PC032891PC032892

PC032893

PC032899

There was a little creak that ran on the side of the lake.. so we took the boys over there to try and rinse a little of the mud off. 

PC032902

PC032903

PC032904

PC032905

PC032909

PC032910

PC032912

What a fun and eventful day that was! Smile

PC032913

1 comment:

Dara said...

Oh my - That is scary! Haha I love the muddy pictures!!! Wish we could have been with you!