Sunday, October 26, 2008

WE ARE HAVING A......

Last Wednesday Paul and I went in for our 22 week doctors appointment and ultrasound to find out what sex our baby is! I have been so extremely nervous for this appointment, because at this appointment the doctor counts the chambers of the heart, looks at the different parts of the brain, spinal chord, he counts fingers and toes, and just makes sure that the baby is devoloping normally. I was so worried that something was going to be wrong with our baby, but luckily the doctor said that everything looked great! Thank goodness!! He did tell us that our baby was 4 days smaller than average, but that was nothing to worry about. He also told us that our baby is.......A BABY BOY!!!!!


We are so extremely excited and couldn't be happier! It is so much fun because when I go shopping for baby things I can buy blues instead of yellows and greens!!!!!! It was so exciting to see the ultrasound and to see that our baby actually looks like a baby. It was a big change from our last ultrasound when the baby looked like a gummy bear. We saw our baby yawn and suck it's thumb..it was absolutely adorable and I kept thinking the whole time that this is Pauls and my baby.. we created this beautiful baby boy! It was such an incredible feeling.. I can't even describe it! I just love our baby boy so much already and I can't wait until I finally get to meet him! A down side of the appointment was that we had brought in a cd and a dvd to copy our baby on, but when we got there, they told us that they could only copy on VHS videos. Who uses VHS videos anymore?? So, we will make sure that we bring in a VHS movie for our next ultrasound so that we can get a video of our boy! We did get a couple of pictures of the different features of our baby boy! ENJOY!!

If you look closely right in the middle of this picture, you can tell that yes, he really is a baby boy! :-)









His little hand is cupping and right above his arm, you can see the umbilical cord








I thought it was so much fun to see a picture of his tiny leg and feet! Sooooo cute!!


This picture was my favorite because you can see his whole head. I thought it was fun to see that he has a very distinct little chin and a cute nose!




4 comments:

Cerra said...

AAaaaaaa!!! Yay! He's so cute. I love the one of his face! Thanks Emy for finally posting these. I feel like I have been waiting a long time.

Cerra said...

Holy crap! Did you see how long his fingers are?!?! He's definitely Paul's baby... Not that we doubted or anything. :)

G&D said...

Emily!!
The picture are awesome!! That's one strong little leg! I bet he'll be great at soccer! And I think he looks alot like Paul around the chin and mouth...but I think he has Haslam eyes! How exciting! Love you so much!

Donna

Razzleberry said...

How fun to look at the images. He has Paul's big feet!!! It is more fun to know what to look for now in the baby departments.

How exciting!!!!