Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Day

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!  Sometimes it is hard to remember the most important aspect of Christmas.  I found this message from the LDS First Presidency in the ensign from 2009 and I loved how it explains the true meaning of Christmas, so I wanted to share it with you. 

The Reason for the Wonder

The Christmas season is one of the most wonderful times of the year. However, it is not the gifts, the trees, the decorations, or the food that make this a season full of wonder.

It is when we remember the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, that the Christmas season becomes truly special.

As we strive to remember our Savior, our desire to live like Him will grow. It is no coincidence that Christmas is the time of the year when people are the most loving, the most giving, the most kind, and the most grateful.

As we try to follow Christ’s example this season and do our best to live as He did, let us find ways to lift up those around us. Let us celebrate our Savior’s birth by being followers of Christ in word and deed.

We testify that as we do so, the desire to follow Him that grows within us at Christmas will continue to develop throughout the upcoming year.

medium-nativity

I want you all to know how incredibly thankful I am for my Savior, Jesus Christ and for this wonderful day that we have to remember his birth. 

We had a wonderful Christmas this year.  I swear that Christmas is so much more fun when you have a cute husband and a cute little boy to shop and get excited for.  It is always just so much fun watching how excited little Porter gets with all of his new presents.  When he first woke up, we came into our room and we asked him if he thought that Santa had come to bring him presents.  He didn’t want to go and check because I think that he was a little nervous.  But we talked him into going out into the living room to check things out and then he saw all of the presents and got so excited.

Christmas Day1

DSCF6118

Christmas day3

 

Christmas DAy4Christmas DAy6

christmas day20

Christmas Day5

DSCF6132

DSCF6412

I am so excited to use my spa gift certificate.  I will definitely be saving this until after Baby Craven #2 makes his arrival! Smile

After our morning Christmas fun, we headed down to my Mom’s house again for her annual Christmas morning breakfast!!!  Yes, my Mom is amazing and yes it was absolutely delicious to say the least.  Also, all of my siblings and their spouses, and my sisters kids were able to be there so that was so much fun!!  Look at this food.. I think Christmas needs to come more than just once a year! Smile

402072_2678698524442_1165627251_32386234_1002314934_n

Christmas DAy7Christmas Day8

DSCF6144

DSCF6143

DSCF6142

DSCF6145

We all had a wonderful afternoon opening presents

Christmas DAy10Christmas day12

Christmas day13

Christmas day14

Christmas day15

DSCF6164

Christmas day18

DSCF6151

DSCF6155

DSCF6162

Porter and Elsa both got one of these awesome easel's from my Mom and they loved playing with them.  So cute!

Christmas day16Christmas day17

DSCF6169

And we had so much fun just being together on Christmas.  Isn’t my little niece Elsa just too adorable for words?

Christmas day9Christmas Day11

DSCF6175

And I love this picture of Donna and Porter.  Porter is making the exact face that Paul makes all the time.  So cute!

christmas day19

DSCF6180

DSCF6158

381667_2678704004579_1165627251_32386254_1919244947_n

I love my family so much!  Thanks so much everyone (especially Mom for all of your hard work in making Christmas so incredibly wonderful).  I love you all so much.

After spending the afternoon at my Mom’s house, we spent the evening at Paul’s Mom’s and step Dad’s house.  She made her famous Clam Chowder and chili which she makes every Christmas which we all LOVE!!  So incredibly yummy!!  I think I could eat 20 bowls full of each of them.  Delicious!!  Porter loved the clam chowder.DSCF6185

christmas day21

DSCF6184

And here is my Father in Law and I showing off our bellies.  Haha!DSCF6182

And here is cute little Porter in front of their Christmas Tree in his Christmas jammies.  He is such a poser.  What a sweetheart!!

christmas day22christmas day23

Thank you so much Clyde and Cheryl for such a special evening.  I hope that all of my friends and family had a very Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

We loved seeing this! What fun tools and work bench! What a lucky boy! :) And your day looked so fun. Porter's smiles just make me smile all the time. What a cutie! And you seriously look so cute! The picture of you and your father in law is hilarious! He might have you beat! HA! I'm glad you all had a wonderful day! :)