Sunday, January 15, 2012

37/ 38 Week Update

Our sweet little boy is almost here!!  I can’t believe it.  I am getting so excited to finally meet our little guy.  Just thinking of being able to finally hold him in our arms just makes me feel so incredibly happy.  I am already so in love with him!!  I am about 38 1/2 weeks today, but wanted to do a update on 37 weeks as well.  About 3 days in a row leading up to our 37 week appointment, I hadn’t been feeling our little guy move at all.  It made me so nervous because he has always been such a mover.  At our 37 week appointment, I told my OBGYN and he decided to hook us up to monitor our little guys heart rate.  They laid me on my side propped up with pillows, strapped the straps to my belly and started monitoring.  About 5 minutes after it started, I started feeling EXTREMELY dizzy and nauseous.  I thought I was going to pass out.  I tried moving around to get more comfortable but no matter how I moved, I just kept getting more and more queasy.  I had Paul grab the garbage can for me and then I started puking for like 5 minutes straight.  Paul ran to get the nurse and she readjusted me and I felt much better.  I have no idea what that was all about, but it was so embarrassing.  Luckily, everything seemed completely fine with the baby’s heart rate and the doctor was guessing that the baby is probably just getting super big and a little too cramped to move around too much.  At 36 weeks I was dilated to a 2, and then at 37 weeks I was still only dilated to a 2.  Here I am in all of my glory at 37 weeks!  Don’t you just want to pick me up and roll me?  Haha!  This kid is going to be HUGE!!

DSCF6341

37 weeks

Last Friday, we had our 38 week appointment.  Everything looked great and the doctor told us that the baby is measuring almost 8 pounds.  WOWA!  That is 4 pounds more than Porter was.  I also spoke with my doctor about getting induced.  I have been getting nervous about making it all the way to LDS hospital in Salt Lake from here since Porter came so quickly (15 minutes after we arrived at the hospital).  They say that you can usually cut the time it takes for the baby to be born in half with your second child and that would give me 7 1/2 minutes.  The doctor said that he would induce me next Monday or Tuesday (23rd or 24th) if we wanted him to.  So we will have to think about that.    I have been feeling extremely tired and lazy the last little while and it has been extremely hard to get around.  I sit on the floor to play cars with Porter and am basically stuck for a while before I can manage to get myself up..haha!  I am quite a site for poor eyes.  But I am so thankful for the chance that I have to be pregnant even though it has been hard.  My humongous stomach just means that there is a beautiful little boy that will soon join our family.  We are so blessed.  Porter has been getting excited for the new baby as well.  We have spoken lots and lots about him so that it won’t be a surprise for him.  The other day we were talking about names (since we haven’t found one yet) and Porter said DUH..you like DUH??  haha..we started laughing so hard.  He has also mentioned Jenny, but I don’t think we will go with that name..haha!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

You are so cute!!! I think your pregnant belly is just perfect! I had that happen to me when I laid down at the doctors. It was for our 20 week ultrasound! I was so embarrassed too. I didn't even care to look at the ultrasound because it made me that much more nauseous to look up. While I was puking, Brady flipped. Didn't even feel a thing! :) I am so excited for this sweet little baby to come to your beautiful family! Every time I get a text, I keep thinking it's you saying he is coming! :)