I am so thankful that my Mom, and all of my siblings (except 1) were able to go to Norway for my Grandma's funeral. We were so blessed to be able to be there. I can't believe that this was Porter's 2nd trip to Norway in the last year and 2 months. Porter did wonderful on the trip over to Norway. He LOVED pushing the carryons and was so strong. He would push them and push them and would never give up no matter how heavy they were. What a trooper.
And here's some picture of the rest of the gang in the airport. It was so much fun traveling with my cute family.
It was definitely the hardest trip that I have ever taken. When we first pulled up to my Grandma's house (where we stayed during this trip), it felt so incredibly empty without my Grandma there. Everywhere we turned in the house we could picture Mish there. It was so empty without her. It really hit me how much I am going to miss her and what a beautiful spirit she brought into her home. But little by little, her house started to feel again as home, and I am sure that she was there with us, comforting us. I still haven't grasped the concept that my Grandma's house will have to be sold and that won't be our home away from home in Norway anymore. We have spent so much time there it just feels so strange and sad to think we won't be able to stay there anymore. I will just have to talk Paul into buying it somehow! :)
Here are some pictures of my Grandma's beautiful home.
And here is some pictures of us hanging out there.
This is the absolute best icecream in the world. It is called krokan ic.. mmmmm... sooo delicious!! And the best food in the world. Lungemus and farse kaker.
I can't even describe to you how beautiful the area where my Grandma's house is located is. Her house is completely covered with beautiful Norwegian forests. Porter LOVES playing in the forests.
And during our trips we took lots and lots of walks. Askim, Norway is incredible. Our favorite walks are through the forests, down to the river Glomma, Lokkekroken, and up to Askim. Here we are enjoying them. Here's Lokkekrokken..absolutely beautiful.
And here's us down by the river Glomma and the surrounding forests there starting with Teddy pushing Porter down to Glomma, and Porter walking home. :)
Here's Tasha, Porter and I on a walk to REMA..one of our favorite grocery stores on the way up to Askim! :) It was freezing so we bundled Porter way up. He ended up falling asleep on the way home because he was so comfy! :)
My Grandma's funeral was absolutely beautiful. I think it was just what she would have wanted. This is my sisters and I at the cemetary where my Grandma is buried. It is such a beautiful and a peaceful cemetary. My Grandma and Great Grandparents are also buried there along with lots of other family members.
It am so thankful for my Norwegian family. It was so much fun spending some time with them. It is so hard when we don't see eachother very often, but I love them so much. They are the kindest people in the world and we have so much fun together.
And this lady is my Mom's aunt (My Grandma's older sister) Ragnhild.
What a special lady she is. She is probably the one that has taken the death of my Grandma the hardest. They were the best of friends until the very end. Ragnhild lives in Spydeberg which is just about a 30 minute walk from my Grandma's house and my Grandma would always take a bus to Spydeberg to do her shopping and then would always stop at Ragnhild's house on the way home. They always went to each other's doctors appointments together and talked on the phone every single day. She is going to be so lonely without my Grandma, but I think she will be ok. We are also forever grateful for Ragnhild because she is the one that introduced my Mother to the church.
My Mom ran away from home when she was 19 to Ragnhild's house. She lived with her for a couple of months and Ragnhild and her first husband Roald invited her to church. My Mom went and said that from the moment that she was introduced to the church, she knew it was true. So if it wasn't for her, my Mom could have never found the church. It was so much fun hearing her tell us about that time when my Mom lived with them and her conversion story. We love her so much.
We had so much fun spending an evening at my Uncle Per (my mom's brother) and Aunt Jeanette's house in Drammen. My cousins Sebastian and Ferdinand are growing up so fast I can't believe it. They are such great kids. So glad we could spend some time with them.
We sure missed Paul while we were gone and were so happy to be with him when we got home. But I am so thankful for this time that we were able to spend in Norway and that we had the chance to attend her funeral. It was very good for some closure with the death of my Grandma I think. We all miss her so much and think of her everyday. So thankful that Families Can Be Together Forever.











































































1 comment:
I'm so glad you got to go! I love how close your family is and I'm so glad you have all those relationships. The picture of you and Porter in the forest is beautiful! You are so beautiful and Porter is stinking cute. There is nothing easy about funerals. Just knowing this isn't the end helps, but it's still hard. So big hugs to you. I need to see you soon so it can be real instead of virtual. :)
Post a Comment