Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fun Trip to Park City

My nieces and nephews have been here visiting from Virginia for the last couple of weeks and we were all able to spend a fun day in Park City!! We started out up at the Olympic Park and were able to watch some Junior Olympians practicing their skiing on the slopes. It was so much fun watching how they do it in the summer and how they land in the water. They were absolutely amazing! Some of these skiiers were attempting to make it to the 2014 and the 2016 Olympics..pretty neat huh!!




Afterwards, we went and walked through the Alf Engen Olympic Park Museum.
It was very fascinating to see all of the Winter Olympics/ skiing memorabilia. After touring the museum, we all headed to Park City main street. We rode the free trolley up and down Main Street for a while, and then we had icecream at the little 'COWS' cafe. That is definitely a tradition of ours, and we LOVE the icecream there. Mmmm!! We had a super fun day! Thanks so much Donna for inviting us and letting us tag along with you guys! Love you guys so much!!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I love that picture of porter watching the skiers with his hands in his pockets!!! He is so handsome! I'm so glad you guys got to go. I love Park City.

Cerra said...

So fun! I can't believe how much Portie is more and more like his daddy in looks and mannerism every day!!