Tuesday, July 19, 2011

4th of July

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA! First of all, I am so thankful for the beautiful land of America and so incredibly thankful that my family and I can enjoy all of the freedoms which are ours because of this beautiful land and so thankful for the many men and women that made it possible for us to have these freedoms. God bless the USA!!A couple of days before the 4th of July, Paul and I took a trip up to Wyoming (while my Mom watched Porter..thank you so much Mom) and bought a load of fireworks. It is so amazing how much cheaper fireworks are up there. I can't even begin to tell you how much my husband loves fireworks. He is the biggest pirot I have ever met. But it is so much fun to watch him lite them off. Needless to say, we came home with more than TONS of fireworks. Here is our stash. Here is our attempt at getting some 4th of July pictures of our sweet little boy! Haha.. I love him so much. We spent the 4th of July at my Mom's house. My mom prepared an absolutely delicious barbecue! YUMMY!!! I ate and ate and ate!!
I love family barbecue's and being able to have fun with family.

My Mom bought this cute little Pirate Ship water table for Porter to play with and he LOVED it. Isn't it cute? I would have totally loved something like this when I was a kid. And who am I kidding.. I played with it for a while too. It was pretty fun! :)And then came time for Paul's amazing fireworks. My camera was struggling a little bit, so I wasn't able to get any pictures of the fireworks..SAD!! But they were GREAT and everyone absolutely LOVED them!! I love this first picture. Isn't my brother so handsome?!Porter didn't last very long this time watching fireworks. He watched for a little while and then said, "Mamma..I'm scared of fireworks". So he went inside and watched Cars. I was glad that he could tell me that he felt scared, and was totally content sitting inside watching a movie. Here is Grandma joining Porter.
Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

How fun! That is so sweet he told you he didn't like them and Grandma went inside with him. I love that last picture. :) And that water table looks SO fun!! I know how much he loves water! :)

Cerra said...

What an awesome pirate ship toy!! Nice one, grandma! How cute, happy 4th!! Love you all.