Friday, July 15, 2011

Fireworks at Great Grandma Haslam's

I absolutely love the 4th of July!! It is definitely one of my favorite holidays!! I love celebrating America and having fireworks, barbecues, and spending time with family..it just doesn't get much better than that!!
The Saturday before the 4th, we headed up to my Grandma's house for a barbecue and some fireworks. The High School right by her house has amazing fireworks every year, and we can see them perfectly from her backyard. It's always a lot of fun spending time with my Grandma, aunts, uncles and cousins! My Dad was there also, and it was fun to see him too! Porter had so much fun playing with my cousin Tracy's little boy Corbyn. Corbyn is about 10 months older than Porter, but they still play so well together. It was fun watching him. And here is Tracy's little boy Parker..isn't he a cutie. And this is my cousin Christine's little girl Embree. She is just a doll and has the most adorable smile. And here is my cousin Terri and her husband Spencer..aren't they such a cute couple? Porter did sparklers for the first time and LOVED THEM. I think he did about 200 of them..haha! He thought they were the funnest thing ever. The fireworks were amazing this year. Porter made it outside the whole time but he kept saying that they were so loud and that he was a little scared. He would say, "Mommy, I am scared of fireworks, but look..WOW...soooo pretty"..haha! Silly little boy! I think he was mostly just fascinated with them.
What a fun evening!!! Can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Cerra said...

So fun! Love all the pics. I can't believe that boy is 10 months older than PJ. He looks almost the same size! I love how he has the same facial expressions as Paul - especially when they are both doing them in the same pic. ;-) Love and miss you guys. <3