Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Layton Park

We are so excited that we discovered a new place to feed Ducks. A couple of weeks ago I took Porter to Layton Park and he loved it. He LOVES going to feed ducks. This time though, a great big black swam came slowly up to him and started nipping on his sweater. It scared him a little bit, so from now on we need to make sure we stay away from that black swan. If you haven't been to this park, you should definitely go. The park is HUGE and has tons of places to run around and play. And I thought the best thing about this park was definitely the merry go round. I haven't seen one of these for years, and this is the only park that I know of that still has one of these. Porter had so much fun playing on it that he didn't want to get off. He was so cute!
What a fun place to play


We had such a fun time that we had to take Daddy there a couple of days later. :-) Here are a couple more pictures from our second trip there.

1 comment:

Cerra said...

This is why they don't have merry go rounds at parks anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMY3c96xpDs

Ha ha. I'm playing. But that's a good point, I haven't seen one of those since I was little... I wonder what happened to all of them. They are fun.

That swan was trouble! I knew its intentions were grumpy from the very beginning. I must admit though, when he grabbed him, I laughed. From your description, I was expecting him to just be nibbling on his sweater but he was out for blood! Ha ha ha. BAD SWAN! I hope Portie doesn't let that change his mind about how fun it is to feed the duckies.