Wednesday, April 7, 2010

HAPPY EASTER

What a wonderful Easter Sunday we had. Porter woke up super early and Paul was still in bed super tired from his long week at work and school. Of course we wanted to wait for Paul to get up before we gave Porter his Easter basket, so Porter and I dyed Easter eggs instead. It was absolutely halarious!! So if you ever wanted to know what dying Easter eggs with a 13 month old is like...here ya go!! :)

After we dyed Easter eggs, I prepared a yummy Easter breakfast. We have a tradition each year to make a big yummy breakfast for Easter morning. I made sausages, bacon, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs and toast. YUMMY!! Once Paul woke up, we ate our breakfast and then watched conference. CONFERENCE WAS INCREDIBLE!! I thought it was so special and fitting that conference fell on Easter Sunday. It really helped me to remember that Easter is an occasion for the expression of gratitude to God for having sent His Only Begotten Son into the world and gratitude to our Savior for his gifts of life through the Resurrection and the possibility for eternal life through his Atonement. Some quotes that I especially loved that were mentioned during conference about the atonement were:

"My counsel for all of us is to look upon the lighthouse of the Lord. There is no fog so dense, no night so dark, no gale so strong, no mariner so lost but what its beacon light can rescue." -President Thomas S. Monson
"How we relate and interact with each other is a measure of our willingness to follow Jesus Christ," he said. -Quentin L. Cook
"Let us commit to become his hands, that others through us may feel his loving embrace" -Dieter F. Uchtdorf


After conference, we got all dressed up in our Easter clothes and finally let Porter have his basket. He was so cute in his little Easter outfit and had tons of fun opening his eggs and playing with the fun things in his basket. I am going to go as long as I can without giving Porter candy (we will see how long we last) so he got other fun things in his basket besides candy. He got a book about Jesus, sidewalk chalk (egg shaped), bubbles, silly string, 2 twistable Easter bunnies and lots of fish toys, slinkies and little squishy balls in his Easter eggs, He also got 2 cute little Easter books and and Easter bunny puzzle from Grandpa Haslam and the most adorable little baby sheep from Mor Mor (My Mom). Kathleen also gave him the cutest little bunny dog (haha). What a spoiled little guy! I got Paul a whole bunch of Easter treats for Easter this year and he said that he especially liked the marshmellow eggs that I got him. I got some awesome Easter egg candles that are so incredibly cute and some delicious black licorice (my absolute favorite) from Paul for Easter.

After we let Porter play with his Easter basket toys, we headed off to my Mom's house to celebrate Easter and to also celebrate my little brother Teddy's birthday. My Mom always makes the most delicious meals and this Easter dinner was no exception: YUMMY!!
Here are some pictures of Porter in his cute Easter outfit. What a little sweetheart! He is just the cutest most adorable little guy ever.

Porter was very tired and started getting fussy so we had to leave the festivities early. Such is life, but we had a wonderful day! HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!



4 comments:

Cerra said...

Oh my goodness! I so totally LOL-ed at the eggs. Too funny! Leave no egg un-cracked. That's what I say! LOL. And then the video!?
1. Throw egg
2. Hiccup
3. Repeat
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. What a cutie. I am so glad you guys had a nice Easter.
P.S. I love his rainbow slinky!

Shirley said...

How did you get him to stay on the mat? I would love to try it with Ryan, but I am pretty sure he'd get way more dirty than that. I LOVED the video and the pictures of the finished product. aHaha. You are such a good mom!

I also loved the video of you helping him open his eggs. What a great idea! You are so cute!

I thought the picture of you and porter was so cute. You are so pretty!

EvaandJosiah said...

Oh Emily,
That is too cute, you have such a creative mind. You really just are a doll with Porter. I don't let Kaaja get dirty like that, I really should let her be more creative, good lesson you teach me everytime you post pictures to your blog, luv ya to pieces sister in law from another side ;) haha I really am not too use to Easter traditions since in Latin America I don't think we do Easter backets but I got a good feel from looking at yours, thanks Emily.

Cerra said...

This post still makes ROFL at the eggs in the carton all smashed up. BAHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA!