Wednesday, February 17, 2010

PORTER IS 1 YEARS OLD

LOOK HOW MUCH I HAVE GROWN
FROM THIS






TO THIS





IN JUST ONE YEAR
Dear Porter,

You are 1 years old today!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART! Words can’t express my feelings on this special day. My heart is so full when I think about the wonderful year and such special times that we have experienced together. I will never forget the day that you arrived into our family. You were so anxious to come into this world that you arrived only about 30 minutes after we got to the hospital. I took one look at you and I instantly fell in love. You were so tiny, yet so perfect. You were my baby. And I can’t even convey the immediate love that I felt for you. Everywhere we go, people comment on your beautiful big blue eyes and adorable curls, your sweet smile, and outgoing personality. Everyone can immediately feel the love that radiates from you. You are a very special son of our Heavenly Father and your sweet spirit is felt among everyone you associate with. It has been absolutely amazing to be able to watch you grow and learn so much in the last year and I am so excited for the years that lie ahead. Porter, you have taught me so much and I am so incredibly thankful to be your Mom. I love you so much Porter and am so thankful that you are in our family. You are such a strength and a blessing to your father and I. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY..and yes, you will always be my baby!!


Love,
Mom

Yes.. Porter is 1 years old today and I definitely have mixed emotions. I look at my little guy and can't believe how he he has grown and changed in the past year. He is walking and saying a couple of words and can do so many new things. He has started doing summersaults (which are halarious. He has done about 4 of them where he puts his head on the ground and then rolls over. He says 'ba ba' for bottle and then smacks his lips together whenever he wants a bottle..it's so cute. He has started 'brushing' his hair with a brush and tries to share his food with you. He loves pointing at everything to show you everything he sees. He is so curious. He sings along with me when I sing him lullabies at night. He is such an intelligent boy and learns so quickly. On one hand I just want to keep him as a little baby forever and on the other hand, I love watching him grow and am excited for what the future holds for him. I knew I would cry today and have no idea how I am going to handle him going to Kindergarten in a couple of years. He's considered a toddler now, not a little baby...I can't believe it. We had a fun day today celebrating his birthday. Paul and I took him to the Treehouse Museum in Ogden










and he had a blast playing with all of the fun things. We then all went out to Chuck a Rama and then back to the house to have his first big birthday cupcake
and play with his presents from us and from Grandma and Grandpa Rasband. We got him a little rocking pony that sings songs and talks..haha! From his grandparents he got a cute little wooden puzzle and a cute animal popup game that he loves. We are super excited for his birthday party on Saturday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PORTER! WE LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

UtahJenny said...

Emily - he is the cutest baby!!!!!! His cupie curls and big blue eyes - how can you stand it??? ;) How big was he when he was born - he looks so tiny - I'll have to chat with you about that next time I see you.

Anyhow - happy birthday to your big guy ... and yes, those tears will keep on coming - the first day of kindergarten is a killer!

Shirley said...

Adorable! He is such a cute "kid"; can't believe I'm saying kid. haha. His hair is so cute in those pictures! He is so smart and amazing. I can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Cerra said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year. It's remarkable how much he's changed in such a short time. On so many levels it seems like only yesterday that we had to keep 3 blankets on him and a hat - now look at him. What a sweet letter to your boy. Love you guys.