Paul, Porter, my Mom, brother Shane and I all went to the 35th annual Scottish Days at Thanksgiving Point last Friday and had an absolute blast!! There were tons of booths set up full of all kinds of awesome Scottish things and it was so much fun to look at everything. They had bag pipes and Scottish athletic competitions and those were a lot of fun to watch... and I can not emphasize how much I LOVE bag pipes.I honestly could sit and listen to them all day long. The whole three hours that we were there, bag pipes were being played and it was amazing. It was also so much fun to see everyone dressed up in their traditional Scottish outfits. I really think that we need to get Paul a Scottish Kilt.. he would look so hot!! :-) There were also Scotland’s clans & families with their colorful tents and displays everywhere. One of my Scottish family names, Donald, had a tent..so that was fun to look at. We entered to win a free trip to Scotland so hopefully we win!! :) I tried to get Paul to try Haggis, but he wouldn't. When I was in Scotland a couple of years ago, my Dad somehow got me to try it and it was AWFUL.. so I don't blame him too much for not wanting to try it. Porter did so well the whole time we were there and didn't fuss even once. On the way home we stopped and had dinner at Golden Corral.. one of our favorite places to eat.. Yummy yummy!! What a wonderful evening!
I didn't know that you are 1/4 Scottish! That is so neat!!!! I am so sad that we weren't able to see the (Kaber?)toss.. they didn't do that on the day that we went.. but it was still a lot of fun!! :-)
2 comments:
I didn't know that you are 1/4 Scottish! That is so neat!!!! I am so sad that we weren't able to see the (Kaber?)toss.. they didn't do that on the day that we went.. but it was still a lot of fun!! :-)
Dillon and I wanted to go, but were too cheap to pay the admission. hee hee Sad that Paul's back on the bottle... Glad you guys had a good time. <3
Post a Comment