Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Beautiful Rain


"Anyone who says sunshine is the only thing that brings happiness, has never danced in the rain"
I LOVE RAIN!! The harder it pours, the happier I am. I love the sound of rain. I love laying all nice and warm in my bed and listening to the beautiful sounds of the rain against my window and the pitter patter of it on my roof. I love watching the beautiful raindrops falling down. I love the sounds that rain makes as the water splashes and drips on the ground! I love feeling the rain on my face. I love the refreshing smell of rain! I love standing in the rain when it seems like everyone else is hiding from it. It honestly makes me sad to see people running to their cars trying to escape the rain. They are missing out on so much! To me, rain is calming and so peaceful. When it starts raining, that is when I feel like I become alive! I have so many beautiful memories of rain throughout my life! I remember running around our block, barefoot in the gutter laughing with my sisters during rainstorms. I remember taking long walks in the rain through the beautiful forests of Norway with my Mom and siblings. While in London I took a walking tour class as one of the requirements for the study abroad program. I remember walking for 3 hours during one of the tours while it just downpoured!! It was AWESOME! I remember many fun soccer practices during the rain. The best part of those where doing headers and diving right into the mud. I have taken many beautiful runs during rainstorms. My most favorite memories of rainstorms are from when I was younger. Whenever it rained, my Mom would tell us to grab our blankets and pillows and we would make big "beds" on our front porch and lay for hours and hours just watching the rain. I LOVED THAT! I remember feeling so happy and so relaxed and always couldn't wait until the next storm. I recently found out that my Great Grandpa (My Mom's Grandpa.. her Mom's Dad) actually took my Mom out on his porch to watch the rain. So today when it rained, I bundled Porter up in blankets and we went outside and watched the rain. I thought it was kind of fun to think that he is the 5th generation to do that. What a fun tradition I think. I really hope that I can instill a love for rain in his life. There is nothing like the rain!!!!!

No comments: