Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Porter is 2 months

Last week Porter turned 2 months!! I can't believe that I have a two month old.. wow!!! We took him in for his 2 month checkup and he weighs 9lbs11.5 oz (10th percentile), his length is 21 1/2 inches (3rd percentile), and his head circumference is 37.4 (10th percentile). So both his head and his weight are up from the 3 percentile so that is wonderful!! We still need to keep working on his height! Or maybe he will follow the height of his Mom!! :) Porter also received his 2 month shots. The shots he received were: Hepatitis B, Rotavirus, DTap, HIB, Pneumococcal, and Polio. Luckily he had one dose orally and the rest were crammed into just 3 shots. Also there were 2 nurses that poked him at the same time which got them over more quickly. Porter screamed and screamed and screamed and the doctor said "He sure is a little fiesty tempered one, isn't he." Poor little Porter.. shots are no fun!! I am glad to have those over with for at least for the next couple of months. We also were able to finally get him on some acid reflux medicine to see if that is why he is always so incredibly fussy especially after he eats. So far, it looks like he is doing tons better...he slept 7 hours straight the day after he started the medicine..and I honestly thought that I had died and gone to heaven..it was AMAZING!! :) So hopefully, the reflux is what he had and that the medication will help him feel lots better soon.











Porter is learning new things and developing in so many different ways each day!! It is so much fun to watch him. He is giggling and smiling daily and it is the cutest thing to watch. He has the most beautiful smile and smiles at everyone!! When he is on his back he quickly turns to his side and I know that before we know it, he will be able to fully turn over to his tummy. While on his tummy he holds his head up for minutes at a time in almost a full pushup position. He has been constantly sticking his fists and fingers in his mouth, biting on his blankets and on his clothes and so we are wondering if he could possibly be teething this early. Porter is so incredibly curious about the world around him and I can tell that he is already so intelligent...hopefully not. Colic, reflux and then teething so close together...no fun!!! He is always looking around and observing his environment and the people around him. You can just see his brain working. His favorite thing to do now is lay on his back and stretch. It is so cute to watch him lift up his legs and then kick them down. Also when he is on his back, we grab his hands and he sits up and then out of the blue a couple of days ago, he bent his legs and stood straight up. He is so strong. He continues to sleep with his hands straight up in the air which is so funny to see. That is probaby how he had to be in the womb all cramped.. poor kid. We finally graduate from the little red bucket to the real bathtub. I bought this cute little baby bath recliner like thing that he can sit on while he is in the bath. HE HATES IT!! He screams and screams every time he is in the bath. Hopefully he will get used to it soon. I love my baby Porter so much and am so incredibly thankful that he is part of our family!!!

1 comment:

G&D said...

I love this one!! I think he likes his bumbo!! :)We are so lucky to have Porter in our life and I think you guys are very loving parents. Good job and so happy I can watch Porter grow! :)