Thursday, April 9, 2009

Baby Porter

Can you believe how big our little boy is getting? He is just growing up before our eyes. I need to get so much better at taking pictures because he changes more and more everyday. He now drinks about 3 oz every feeding. It is amazing to think that when he came home from the hospital he was drinking just a 1/2 oz. It will be interesting to see how much he weighs at his next appointment which is on the 20th. He is such a little sweetheart. He is starting to smile a lot more and has the most beautiful smile. I need to work on getting his smile on camera. He also makes the cutest little giggle sound when he gets excited. He is staying awake more throughout the day and hopefully this will soon help him to sleep more throughout the night. One of my favorite ways of getting him to fall asleep(when no one else is around) :) is to sing him lullabies. I love it because he lifts his little head forward from off of my shoulder and looks right at me while I sing and then he falls asleep! He is so adorable! His favorite thing to do is to lay on his back and stretch his arms and legs. It is so funny to see how excited he gets just laying there.. sometimes his legs and arms just go wild. He is getting more used to being on his tummy and is getting really good at lifting himself up with his arms pretty high before turning his head. I am sure that it will be just a little while longer until he is able to turn from his back to his tummy. It is amazing for me to see how aware he is of his environment. He is constantly looking around and observing everything and everyone around him. He is such a smart little guy. He has brought so much love, joy and happiness into our home!! I LOVE YOU PORTER!!



1 comment:

G&D said...

These two movies are so sweet! My favorite is the second one where Porter can hear Paul and desperately wants to see him but just cant get that head to move in that direction!! :) He's getting so strong - and what a handsome boy! Love you guys so much :)