Yup.. it happened. My little sweetheart Porter started 1st grade which meant that he would be gone at school ALL! DAY! LONG! And that he would eat lunch at school…without me. Here he is finding out what teacher he got for 1st grade. He got 2 teachers… 1 for the morning (Mrs. Bailey), and another one for the afternoon (Mrs. Hansen).
Here is Porter the morning of his first day of 1st grade with our traditional back to school breakfast! He was so excited to be heading to 1st grade. He was not nervous whatsoever.
And of course we had to take some pictures of him on his first day. Porter is so incredibly handsome!
And he is off!!!
Here he is standing in line with his first grade class waiting for his teacher to come and bring the class in.
He was super excited that his teacher asked him to hold the door open for his class.
And here he is sitting down at his table. Still very excited!
Porter loved his first couple of days at school. After the first couple of days.. I think reality set in a little bit that he was going to school this long every day and he had a rough time for the next week or so. But now he LOVES going to school. He loves his teachers and his favorite part of school is art, PE, and computers. It has been so much fun watching how much he has grown so far this year. He is reading and writing so well and has made so many wonderful new friends. I am so proud of my little Porter. I, of course, cried and cried the whole first week of school missing my boy. But I am so proud of him for doing so well at school.. and I know that I can’t keep him little forever. I love you so much Porter Jed. You are such an amazing and special boy and I know that you will go so far in your life!! Looking forward to see all the many ways that you will grow and the things you will learn this year in 1st grade!
No comments:
Post a Comment