Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Monterey California #3 (Whale Tour)

As long as I can remember, it has been my dream to see Humpback Whales.  The third day we were in Monterey.. we finally drove to downtown Monterey and booked a whale tour.  YAY!!  I was so excited I could hardly stand it.  Here we are waiting for our tour to start.  Monterey is so beautiful!DSC04382

DSC04384

DSC04387

DSC04388

DSC04391

DSC04393

DSC04397

DSC04400

DSC04401

DSC04402

DSC04403

Owen loved this little old man that was playing the piano.  Every time he started playing, Owen would go up and help him play!  The man was such a good sport about it and kept saying how cute Owen was! Smile

DSC04404

And then we were finally able to board the boat.  Everyone was so excited.  The kids got their life jackets on, got some snacks from Grandma, and then the boat took off. 

DSC04407

DSC04408

DSC04411

DSC04414

DSC04426

DSC04427

DSC04418We were so shocked how fast the boat flew in the water.  We had to hold on for dear life. 

DSC04419

DSC04420

DSC04421

DSC04430

And the water was so incredibly choppy that after a while both Kaden and Paul got sick and they both ended up throwing up.. poor guys!  I felt so bad for them.  But then after they threw up..they both felt a lot better.  I think it was a bad mixture of the snacks they had before the boat left and the choppy water. 

Poor Paul

DSC04435

DSC04438 - Copy

And poor Kaden

DSC04433

And poor little Owen wasn’t very happy that he couldn’t run around the boat.  The boat was going so fast that I had to hold him the whole time or else he would fall over.  So he screamed a lot but then he finally fell asleep..poor little guy.  But then he was able to sleep for a while. 

DSC04440 - Copy

And then the moment we had all been waiting for arrived.  WOW!!!  The whales were absolutely unbelievable.  I still can’t believe that we actually saw humpback whales.  Absolutely incredible!!!  It was so much fun to see how excited the boys were. 

DSC04432

DSC04442 - Copy

DSC04448 - Copy

DSC04450 - Copy

DSC04453 - Copy

DSC04461

DSC04464

DSC04465 - Copy

DSC04468

DSC04469

DSC04470 - Copy

DSC04460

DSC04474

Owen and Mommy seeing the whales

DSC04482

DSC04487

DSC04488

So we all started laughing when we saw the whales and looked to the coastline and noticed that we were straight out from Pajaro Dunes where we were staying.  Amazing to think that all of the humpback whales that we saw where straight out from our beach!  Incredible.  WOW.. what an amazing tour.  I can’t wait to go again someday!! 

After our Whale Tour ended, we were all starved and found this cute little Resteraunt called, “Cafe Fina”.  The food there was excellent.  Owen was so incredibly excited about his clam chowder in a bread bowel.  He LOVED it and ate and ate and ate.  Haha.. So cute! Seafood is so much better on the coast. 

DSC04490

DSC04491

DSC04493

DSC04495

DSC04499

DSC04504

DSC04505

DSC04518

DSC04506

DSC04510

DSC04512

DSC04513

DSC04515

DSC04516

DSC04517

Thanks so much everyone for such an amazing day!

No comments: