I love visiting the cemeteries for Memorial Day. I love the peace and quietness that is felt there. I could honestly spend all day just roaming around looking at gravestones. And the cemeteries are extra beautiful during memorial week. The first cemetery we visited was Mountain View Estates in Cottonwood Heights. This is where Paul’s brother Robert and his half brother TJ, and our niece Jordan is buried. It was so strange visiting the cemetery knowing that Jordan had just died just 2 weeks before, and Paul’s brother just 8 months ago. And TJ just a couple of months ago. But it was special to be able to visit them at the cemetery. There was such a beautiful and peaceful feeling there.
This has to be one of the most beautiful cemeteries I have been to.
Here are my little boys visiting their uncle Robert, their cousin Jordan and TJ
We then spread out some blankets and had a little picnic lunch in the cemetery. It was so relaxing and peaceful.
The boys were so excited that we saw this cute little squirrel
After lunch we walked around and explored the cemetery for a little while.
Then we headed over to Elysian Burial Gardens in Millcreek to visit my Grandpa Haslam, my Uncle Ted, and my Great Grandparents Edward and Emily Rynearson. So incredibly beautiful for Memorial Day.
Here are the boys visiting my Grandpa
My Uncle Ted Rynearson
And my boys Great Great Grandparents Edward and Emily Rynearson
Then the older boys walked around the cemetery for a little while
And Owen wiggled on the grass.
I love this small and intimate cemetery. It was neat to walk around the cemetery and share some stories of my Grandpa and my Uncle Ted with my boys.
And here is cute little Owen all ready to go home.
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment