Friday, June 27, 2014

Getaway to Castledale

My friend Stephanie and I had been talking about wanting a little getaway.  We had no idea where to go and kept changing our minds.  Finally she suggested visiting her Mom and Step Dad in Castledale.  I was excited because it would be a little getaway, and it would be fun to see Stephanie’s Mom since I haven’t seen her in so long.  We just stayed for 1 night, but we had a lot of fun.  

P5296174P5296175

Stephanie’s Mom, Maxine, had an awesome fire pit in her backyard and roasted marshmallows with the boys that night.  Porter, Kaden and Stephanie’s little boy, Dutch,  loved it.

P5296177

P5296178P5296179

P5296181

P5296183

Maxine let us have the trailer for the night.  The boys were so excited to sleep in it.  This was Owen’s first night away from home.  He slept AWESOME!  He is such a calm and mellow little guy and an awesome traveler.  Porter and Kaden slept very well also and had so much fun. 

P5296201

P5296188

P5296190

P5296194

The next morning, Maxine cooked us amazing waffles.  They were to die for.. just like the amazing ones you get at restaurants.  She also had a yummy buttermilk syrup that was heavenly.  I need to remember to ask her for the recipe.  After breakfast, we headed out to the city pool.  It was awesome.  I loved that they had a huge play area for kids that was shallow everywhere around it.  The kids had a blast and I think we played there for a  good 3 hours. 

P5296205

P5296206

P5296209

P5296210P5296212

P5296217P5296219

P5296220

And it was cute little Owen’s first time swimming!  He loved it!  Such a little cutie!!

P5296223P5296224

P5296225

P5296226

P5296227

P5296228

P5296233

P5296234

P5296242

P5296246

P5296249

P5296253

P5296254

P5296255

P5296260

P5296264

P5296230

After swimming we left to drive home so that we would be back before Paul came home from work.  We had a wonderful trip.  Thanks so much Steph and Maxine for a fun little getaway!!

No comments: