Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Happy 5th Birthday Porter

Dear Porter,

I can’t believe that you are 5 already!  WOW!!  4 years old still seems young to me, but 5….not so much anymore.  This is such a big birthday for you because this is the year that you start kindergarten.  You are growing up so fast.  Porter, I always want you to know that I love you with all of my heart.  We have been on so many adventures these past 5 years and I am so thankful to have experienced them with you. 

You have such an unbelievable creative and intelligent mind.  You amaze me everyday with your imagination and are wise way beyond your years. You are such a kind and loving brother and it amazes me every day to see how much love and kindness you show to your younger brothers.  You do all that you can do to make sure that they are happy and taken care of.  They both are so lucky to have you for their big brother.  Even though Kaden is 3 years younger than you.. he is your best friend and you do everything together.  You always makes sure that he has snacks and his bottle or sippy cup.  You ask me if you can help get Kaden and Owen dressed in the morning.  You bring them both blankets when we watch movies.  When we are driving somewhere in the car and Owen starts crying, you automatically start singing lullabies for him and without fail..he always stops crying.  

You are the most athletic 5 year old that I know.  You are always showing us your fancy moves on the trampoline, or off of the couch..haha.  You love running and showing us how fast you can run.  You keep telling me that you want to run a race, so we will have to find one for you this year.  You love playing soccer in the backyard and are excited to play on a team again this year. 

You had a little anxiety about turning 5, but ever since your birthday, you have loved every minute of it.  You are always telling me to watch how fast you can run, how high you can jump, how much you can eat now that you are 5.  You are so adorable!

You are such a sensitive and sweet boy and I love this about you.  You are constantly asking me what you can do to help your younger brothers.  You still love for me to sing you to sleep at night and in the middle of me singing you reach up to give me a big kiss on the cheek.  You love to cuddle and love making our living room cozy with candles and the lights off for story time each night. 

You Porter, are the sweet and beautiful boy that made me a Mommy!  You hold such a special place in my heart!  I love you so much.  Happy birthday sweetheart!  I can’t wait to see what this year brings for you!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: