Wednesday, May 16, 2012

We Love Parks

Utah has some pretty amazing parks, and we have been enjoying them!  One of our favorites of all time is the International Peace Gardens.  We packed a little picnic and wandered around for hours.  Porter brought his ‘motorcycle’ and probably lapped the park 5 times on that thing..haha.  He is so strong and loves riding his bike.  Here he is doing his signature pose.DSCF8866

Peace Gardens1

Little Kaden was awake almost the whole time we were there and just relaxed and enjoyed riding in the stroller as Porter rode his bike.  He also loves sitting up in his bumbo.

DSCF8874

peace gardens5peace gardens4

There is a little creak that runs through the park and Porter played on a bridge throwing sticks and rocks into it for a long time.  It was so relaxing and peaceful.

Peace Gardens3Peace Gardens2

DSCF8861

Another park we have enjoyed recently is Memory Grove Park in Salt Lake City. This park features memorials to Utah’s veterans and a replica of the Liberty Bell which is really neat to see. I remember going to this park as a child when we lived in the Avenues.  It was fun to take the boys back.  It was nice to see that they have cleaned up the park a lot!

DSCF8973

DSCF8958

 memory grove2memory grove3

I can’t even tell you how much fun Porter had here.  Ever since we went, he has been asking to go back.

memory grove7memory grove4

DSCF8968

Porter ended up falling and cutting his lip on these rocks..poor kid.  I felt like a bad Mom for letting him climb on the rocks in the first place..but I guess that is it good for kids to explore and set their own limits sometimes.  After he cut his lip, he wanted to play on the rocks again..so I guess the fall didn’t scare him. 

If you look closely in the middle of this picture, you can see the snake that Porter first spotted on the road right in front of him.  When he first saw it, he started screaming and jumping up and down yelling, “Mom, it’s a HUGE snake..go catch it”  He was so excited to see a snake. 

DSCF8967

So I know you all already know this, but my little Porter has UNBELIEVABLE ENERGY! I love these next two pictures because it shows Porter running.  He honestly ran up the trail for well over a mile barely stopping for breaks.  This kid is amazing.  I think he will be my little marathon buddy.  We had some people stop us on the trail telling me that they couldn’t believe that a little guy could make it so far up the trail.  He’s amazing and he loved every minute of it.  It was hard for me to keep up with him.  I kept asking him if he was ready to turn around and head back and he kept saying nope.. I need to run a little bit more. 

memory grove1memory grove6

Kaden slept the whole time we were there.  He’s such a little sleeper.  We will have to bring him back again soon so he can enjoy the park too!

And of course we can’t forget the local parks.  This little park is just a couple of minutes from our house and Porter LOVES going there.  He is always so friendly and makes friends every time almost right away.  What a sweetheart.

porter park1porter park4

porter park2porter park3

porter park1porter park4

porter park3porter park2

2 comments:

Cerra said...

Portie is such a love! You should take him running with you! He would probably keep up!! I love and miss you guys!!

Lanae Hale said...

That looks so fun! I love that you guys go to parks and just have fun. I aim to be a good mom like you!