Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy 1 Month Kaden

I know that I am late, but better late than never.  I really need to get better at doing these updates on time. 

I cannot believe how fast our first month with little Kaden has gone. He has been the most calm baby in the world.  He sleeps wonderfully and just wakes up about every 3-4 hours to eat throughout the day and at night, and then goes right back to sleep.  At our 2 weeks appointment, Kaden got some shots in his foot and didn’t even cry.  The nurses just looked at me and looked at him waiting for him to start screaming.  Instead he just gave us a super sad face.  We had a family party last week where we crammed about 15 people into our home.  No matter how noisy it got, little Kaden just slept the whole entire time.   When Kaden does start crying, he immediately stops when you pick him up.  He loves to be held and cuddled.  Kaden has brought such peace into our home it is absolutely amazing.  When I am stressed or feeling down, I just pick him up and I feel immediately calm and at peace.  And many people have commented that they feel the exact same way around him.  He has such a beautiful spirit and we are so blessed to have him in our family.  Kaden is so strong.  He has awesome control of his little neck and head and lifts it up steadily all the time.  He also LOVES bath time and LOVES tummy time.  He could do those 2 things all day.   We are still going strong with nursing.  He has has been extra gassy and burpy so he has been extra wiggly..poor kid. 

Kaden1

Kaden2

Kaden3

Kaden4

kaden5

DSCF7334

kaden6I still can’t believe that I was told that Kaden was a miscarriage.  I can’t even describe how blessed I feel that he is here in our family.  I can’t believe you are a month already sweetheart.  Thank you so much for all of the joy you have brought into our home.  I love you more than words can say!!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

He is so cute! You are such an amazing mother. I love that breastfeeding is still going well! Do you use Mylicon for the gas? If you don't, it's the best! Helped both my boys every time. It is in the pharmacy near the baby meds. Miss you guys! Hopefully Porter is feeling better and we can see you guys soon! :)