My little baby is 5 months!! I can't believe it! Our little guy is growing up so fast. I can't believe how fast he is learning and how many changes he has experienced even in just the last month. We weighed him at home yesterday and he weighs about 15lbs5oz.. so he has gained about 2 pounds since last month..so he is catching up wonderfully. Porter is such a little ham. He has the most beautiful smile I have ever seen and always has a smile for everyone. I can't even count the number of times that people have come up to me and commented on his gorgeous smile and even say that they have never seen a baby smile so much. He has brought so much sunshine into our lives. Whenever I am stressed or worried or just need a little pickup..all I have to do is grab my baby and hold him and everything is better. Just yesterday he tipped over his bumbo and bumped his head on the table. I was so scared because we didn't know how hard he had bumped it and if we should take him into the hospital or not, etc. He was just screaming and it made me so sad that I got tears in my eyes.
The minute he saw that I was sad, he started smiling at me and could sense that something was wrong..even at just 5 months. What a sweetheart!!!! He already has such a big heart and is so aware. I cant even begin to describe the strength that he has been to me and my family. I love him with all of my heart and still can't believe how blessed we have been since he came to our family. Porter is so expressive which is very helpful because you always know what he is feeling. He is very interested in his toys and grabs them and holds them very well now. He has so much energy and has a hard time sitting still. Even when he is in his bumbo, he is always reaching for anything that may be near him. He is just so curious and interested in everything. He still hates laying on his back and will do everything is his power to try and sit up. He will grab your hands and fingers and try with all of his might to lift himself up. When you give him a toy, he grabs that and tries to have that help him get up. He is so funny. He loves his exersaucer and plays in it every day. He also loves watching Baby Einstein and gets so excited every time we watch it. He usually eats 2 small bowls of baby cereal everyday and drinks a full bottle about every 3-4 hours. He is sleeping very well at night and usually goes to bed around 10:30PM and wakes up around 8:00AM. Then he drinks a bottle and goes to sleep for another 1-2 hours. He still hates car rides, but is getting a little better with them. He usually just fusses instead of screaming on top of his lungs..so that is good. He loves our dog Maggie and just giggles everytime she comes into the room and always reaches out to touch her. He is also getting so big that he is too small for his car seat. We will be going shopping for a new bigger one next week. WE LOVE SO MUCH PORTER! HAPPY 5 MONTHS!

The minute he saw that I was sad, he started smiling at me and could sense that something was wrong..even at just 5 months. What a sweetheart!!!! He already has such a big heart and is so aware. I cant even begin to describe the strength that he has been to me and my family. I love him with all of my heart and still can't believe how blessed we have been since he came to our family. Porter is so expressive which is very helpful because you always know what he is feeling. He is very interested in his toys and grabs them and holds them very well now. He has so much energy and has a hard time sitting still. Even when he is in his bumbo, he is always reaching for anything that may be near him. He is just so curious and interested in everything. He still hates laying on his back and will do everything is his power to try and sit up. He will grab your hands and fingers and try with all of his might to lift himself up. When you give him a toy, he grabs that and tries to have that help him get up. He is so funny. He loves his exersaucer and plays in it every day. He also loves watching Baby Einstein and gets so excited every time we watch it. He usually eats 2 small bowls of baby cereal everyday and drinks a full bottle about every 3-4 hours. He is sleeping very well at night and usually goes to bed around 10:30PM and wakes up around 8:00AM. Then he drinks a bottle and goes to sleep for another 1-2 hours. He still hates car rides, but is getting a little better with them. He usually just fusses instead of screaming on top of his lungs..so that is good. He loves our dog Maggie and just giggles everytime she comes into the room and always reaches out to touch her. He is also getting so big that he is too small for his car seat. We will be going shopping for a new bigger one next week. WE LOVE SO MUCH PORTER! HAPPY 5 MONTHS!
1 comment:
It's so fun to read about how far he's come. I can't believe he's grown so much! That's awesome. I guess he will be nice and tall like his dad! :) Every time I read a post with him in it, I want to get our boys together and see how they play. Someday soon, okay? :)
Post a Comment