Awesome weekend
We had a way fun weekend!! On Friday evening, Paul, Porter and I, Pauls Mom and sister Cerra went out to eat with Pauls cousins (I guess they are actually his cousins children) since they were in town visiting from Idaho. They were passing through Utah on their way to Disneyland and thought it would be fun to get together for dinner. We had a lot of fun and it was a lot of fun to see them again. I think that Paul and I need to take more trips to Idaho and visit more with the family over there so that I can get to know them better. After dinner we hung outside in the parking lot and talked with Pauls Mom and Cerra for almost an hour.. they are so much fun and we love them so much.
On Saturday morning, my youngest brother Shane and I were talking about how much we
wanted to see the Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point, and decided to go for the afternoon. IT WAS AWESOME! I was kind of
nervous that it would be geared toward younger kids and that we wouldn't enjoy ourselves, but we loved it and learned a lot. The Museum had a handful of interactive exhibits including a water table with sand and plastic dinosaurs that you can burry
which we loved, all ki
nds of interactive games, hundreds of dinosaurs on exhibit, short films, and a sand pit where you can dig up
fossils. It was amazing to see all of the huge dinosaur bones that they had pieced together. We even saw a HUGE sea turtle that existed during the dinosaur era. It was incredible! They had a win
dow into the room where the workers would clean the bones, and that was very cool to see! I
t's the kind of museum that I will keep going back to, and never get bored of. We had an absolute blast! I wish that Porter could have been a little older so that he could have enjoyed it a little more, but he did do well and slept for the first hour we were there.
We ended up staying for over two hours and didn't even look at everything. I would definitely recommend this museum to anyone.. regardless of what age.
Saturday night, Paul, Porter and I went to visit my brother Erik and his wife Dara up in Salt Lake. It was so much fun visiting with them. We hadn't seen them for a very long time and it was so nice catching up with them. We ordered pizza and yummy cheese sticks from "The Pie" (the most tastiest pizza place that I know of)http://www.thepie.com/enter.htm. Dara and I split the 'extreme veggie' pizza and it was honestly the tastiest pizza I have ever tasted...DELICIOUS!! Paul and Erik split 'mountain of meat' pizza and they loved that as well. We brought brownies and sherbit icecream for
dessert and ate that while we watched the movie 'Secondhand Lions'. Ok, so that movie is now one
of my most favorite movies. It is absolutely halarious. I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time. It was such a good movie. I ended up watching it again on Sunday night with my Mom.
That will be the next movie that I will be purchasing. If you haven't seen that movie, go and see it right now.. honestly the best movie! Dara's parents and brother Josiah and his wife Eva and baby Kaaja came and visited with us for a little while and it was a lot of fun seeing them again. It had been a long time since everyone saw Porter and they all couldn't believe how much he had grown. Thanks so much Dara and Erik for having us over and for the awesome fun that we had with you guys! Love you both so much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment