Saturday, July 25, 2009

Playing catchup

Ok, so I really need to get out of the habit of playing catchup and be more on top of my blogging. So much has happened since the last time I blogged, so I will try my best to include all of the highlights. So just to warn you.. there are TONS of pictures..and this blog is gonna be super long! First of all, last week I took my 3 little redheaded nieces (Paul's oldest brothers 3 oldest children.. Whitney 15, Hailey 11, and Brooklyn 9) to 7-Peaks for an awesome day. We first went out for lunch at Appolo Burger and that was super tasty! We then got icecream at McDonalds and then headed for 7-Peaks for the rest of the day. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!! I was so impressed how brave the 3 girls were.. we went on almost all of the scary rides. It was 102° all day so it felt so good to spend the day in the water. Our favorites were: The Vortex, Shotgun Falls, Flashfloods, and swinging on the rope at the Adult Pools. Thanks so much girls for spending the day with me!!
Next, my Mom finally taught me how to can fruit.. and I am totally addicted. We have picked TONS of choke cherries and received TONS of apples from my sisters garden. We have juiced and canned tons of apple and choke cherry jelly, syrup and apple pie filling. IT IS SO MUCH FUN!! There is such a satisfaction when you are all through and start seeing the jars start piling up. And it feels so good knowing that all of this food will go right to food storage! I also spent a day at Donna's house with Porter canning apple jelly. It was awesome and we made about 13 quarts of apple jelly. We also got to have lunch with our cute nieces and nephews. Hannah ( the youngest girl-10 years old) basically helped me watch Porter the whole time we were there. She even put him to sleep twice. She was such a big helper and Porter loves her so much!!
We also had a big family barbecue yesterday for the 24th of July and combined it with a family birthday party for my 28th birthday.. yes.. I am getting super old. My Mom gave me a fruit juicer (which I am super excited about), Paul gave me a gift certificate to get a manicure and a pedicure which I greatly needed. My hands and especially my feet were super gross and definitely could use some pampering. It was so relaxing and they turned out super cute. (Please don't laugh at my feet..just look at the cute toes!!)He also took me out for a fabulous dinner at Tucanoes Brazillian Steakhouse for my birthday!! My Mom babysat Porter and we had such a relaxing and wonderful evening!! Thanks so much sweetheart! I also got a cute adidas bag and an awesome relaxing neck wrap to use after I run from my brother Erik and his wife Dara, and I got another gift certificate from my little sister Natasha to use at Royal Nails which I think I will save and use for a facial soon! I got an absolutely adorable "Willow Tree" hugging sisters figurine which was so beautiful and lots of canning jars and lids from my sister Donna and her husband Geoff. My Mom got me an amazing Oreo cake which was to die for. Thanks everyone for such an awesome birthday. We also had a blast at the barbecue. It was so much fun to have the family over. My neices and nephews (Donna's step kids) are visiting for the summer and it is always so much fun spending time with them. They are such great kids. The food was amazing. We had bratworsts, hotdogs, hamburgers, potatoe salad, fruit salad, chips, lots of veggies and lots of treats. Pretty awesome!! Natasha's friend Colby came over and he is an awesome kid, and had a lot of fun getting to know him better. We also took some way fun family pictures!! I love my family to death. Porter was sleeping so unfortunately he wasn't in them. To end the night, we lit of lots of fireworks. Porter was a little more scared of them this time, than he had been on the 4th of July so I ended up having to take him inside...poor kid. He is so sensitive to sound. Paul ended the fireworks by blasting yet another famous homemade firework. Ok.. this was definitely his best one so far. It shot higher than the huge lampost which was right next to where he set it off. INCREDIBLE.. and the kids loved it. For some reason the video of Paul's firework won't upload so I will have to add it later..sorry!! On this 24th of July, I am especially so incredibly thankful for the many wonderful pioneers. They crossed the plains at profound personal sacrifice and often under severe hardship. They definitely demonsted great faith, courage, and endurance which set a example for us to follow. I am so thankful for them and for the many blessings that we enjoy because of them.

1 comment:

Cerra said...

I am so glad you took the girls out. I am sad I couldn't make it. It would have been so much fun. I love all the pics. I especially love the one of the three girls and Porter. I have THE CUTEST nieces and nephews! I can't get over it. You need to have Paul fix your blog. I can't click on the majority of the pics to make them bigger... :(