Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Abbey of Our Lady of the Holy Trinity

What a wonderful day!!!!! Porter and I took a little road trip with my Mom up through Ogden canyon to the Abbey of Our Lady of the Holy Trinity Monestary. My family and I went up a couple of times when I was younger, but it has been at least 15 years or more since I have been there. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL RIDE UP. I couldn't believe how beautiful Ogden canyon is...WOW!! It was such a peaceful drive. It was so much fun to see all of the beautiful ranches and cabins, beautiful fields, waterfalls, and the Pineview Resevoir is GORGEOUS!! I definitely want to go camping there this summer. It was a lot of fun to visit the monestary again. There are 18 monks who currently reside at the monestary. We wandered through the church where the Monks go to Worship. We learned that they go there 7 times a day to pray and worship. The church was beautiful and had a very peaceful feeling. It was very interesting to see the "prayer benches" that the monks use to kneel on while they pray. We also wandered through the gift shop there which is full of all kinds of jams and honey, jewelry, woodworkings, etc. The honey is to die for..yummy and they have all different kinds of flavors. My Mom bought honey and red currant jam, and I bought rhubarb/strawberry and elderberry jam....YUMMMYYY.. I can't wait to try them. It was sad for me to see the Monk that ran the gift shop. When we walked in he smiled and smiled at Porter and it was sad for me to think that he can never have children or grandchildren. After visiting the monestary, we went to eat at the Oaks cafe right in the middle of the canyon. IT WAS AWESOME!!! What a beautiful place. We ate outside and they had cute little tables that were overlooking a gorgeous river and tons of forest. They had little hummingbird feeders where a ton of hummingbirds would come and feed. You could feel the breeze from the river and it was so peaceful and refreshing. I ordered a very tasty salad and my Mom had a veggie sandwich. Porter was probably so excited to get out of his carseat because he was sooo smiley and would smile and smile at everyone at the resteraunt..so cute! We had a wonderful day and Porter was an excellent traveler!

3 comments:

G&D said...

So glad you guys had such a wonderful day! Maybe next time we can bring all the kids!

Love ya!

EvaandJosiah said...

Oh Emily you look like you love being a mom, what a great blog to see your mommy love for Porter! I love you Emily, just reading your blog makes me smile, and think of your cute little personality you have!

Brookie said...

love this! my first date with my husband travis was there (at the Oaks) and thats were he proposed too. thanks for the pics