Sunday, September 22, 2013

Robert Lee Kennedy

 

rob

 

January 21, 1972- August 29, 2013

Paul’s older brother Robert passed away unexpectedly at the age of 41 on August 29th, leaving behind his wife and 4 young children. Losing someone that you love is always full of indescribable pain and sorrow, but through all of the heartache, it has been amazing to see the love shown us by our friends and how our family has really pulled together to support each other.  I am so grateful for the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and it is so very consoling to know that death is not permanent. Because of the atonement of Jesus Christ, we can live with our families and loved ones beyond this life. We can receive strength to endure those times of grief, knowing that loving reunions lay ahead.  We love and miss you Rob, but we know that we will soon be with you again. 

My husband made a beautiful website in memory of his brother full of pictures and wonderful videos of him.  

 http://www.paulplusemily.com/rob/

Robert had a beautiful viewing and graveside service. So grateful for the support of friends and family.  So many peopled love Robert, and it was so special to see all of the love that was shown for him.  Roberts absolute favorite college football team was the University of Utah.  He LOVES the Utes.  So in honor of him, we all were decked out in Ute gear for his graveside service.  It was pretty neat to honor him in this way.

P9050584

P9050555

P9050562

P9050573

P9050574

P9050575

P9050581

I love this beautiful scripture.  “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” (John 14:27.)

No comments: