Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Excited for Baby #2

Yes, we are pregnant with #2! We are so excited we can't stand it. Our due date is January 25th (which seems like an eternity away). We wanted to wait a while before announcing it because of our previous miscarriages, but it looks like everything is going great so far! :)

I have had a lot more morning sickness with this one than I ever did with Porter. I have thrown up and felt gaggy a lot. But that is ok, it just helps me stay calm that everything is going ok with the baby!! Starting out with this pregnancy was a roller coaster ride. First of all, I gained 10 lbs with each miscarriage and hadn't lost a pound since then so I am starting off this pregnancy already huge..haha! Also, after having 2 miscarriages in the last 7 months, we were a little anxious when we found out we were pregnant.

My OBGYN put me on 1 baby aspirin a day which would help to thin out my blood. I guess that blood clotting can cause a lot of miscarriages. I started bleeding at 5 weeks, and I thought.. 'here we go again'. I went into see my OBGYN (Dr. Ward) and he said that it looked like the starting of a pregnancy, but that it was still too early to see if everything was ok. So I went back at 6 weeks. He then told me that he couldn't see anything, and it was super uncommon not to see anything at 6 weeks. He told me that I would most likely end up in another miscarriage, and to probably expect to start bleeding again this coming week. I was absolutely devastated and couldn't believe that this would be miscarriage #3. He told me to come back at 7 weeks, and if I hadn't started bleeding yet, he would put me on the miscarriage meds to help get me started. At 7 weeks, I went in to get the meds. He decided to check one more time to make sure that there was still nothing there..and he saw a HEARTBEAT!!!!! Paul was with me and we both couldn't believe it. I just started bawling because I was so incredibly excited. The doctor called in another nurse to verify the heartbeat because he couldn't believe what he was seeing either. SO EXCITING.

I went in for my appointment 2 weeks ago (14 weeks), and the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat with the stethoscope. I almost died once again, but we then got an ultrasound and found a nice heartbeat. The baby was just so wiggly and active that it was hard to find the heartbeat. It was so cute to see the baby moving all around. The doctor also told us that he would guess the baby was a boy by the low heartbeat. I have been thinking that it is a boy also..so we will see. We find out what we are having at 18 weeks (on August 26th). We are now 16 weeks and hope the rest of the pregnancy goes super fast because we can't wait to meet this beautiful little baby!! :-) So there is our pregnancy so far in a nutshell!! Here are some cute pictures of our little sweetheart.
8 weeks 3 days
and 14 weeks. I am so incredibly thankful that I have the opportunity to be pregnant again and that everything has been going so well this pregnancy. I feel so blessed. I am so excited to add another sweet little spirit to our family.

5 comments:

Cerra said...

Miracle!! God is in charge. :-) I love you guys so much!

Ole said...

Hi Em & Paul

This is fantastic!! So happy for you both :-) :-)

Ann-Kristin, Elise and Marcus says hi and congratulations!!!

Ole

G&D said...

Emily I am so excited for the new little person to enter our family. The ultra sound pictures are amazing! Life is such a mirace :) Hope he or she will have Morris baby cousins soon. Love you!
Donna

Shirley said...

Those are the cutest ultrasound pictures! Did your doctor really try to find the heartbeat with the stethascope and not a doppler? That is so interesting. I've never heard of that. I'm so so glad this little baby is doing so well! It is coming to the best family! I am beyond happy for you and can't wait to find out what you're having! :)

Paul + Emily said...

Thanks so much everyone! We are so excited!! :) Shirley, I was totally wrong..it was a doppler..haha! Whoops!! But he still couldn't find it..crazy doctor..haha!