Wednesday, August 17, 2011

California Fun #3

This morning we woke up to a delicious breakfast left on our doorstep!! We had sausage, french toast pieces, and a wide variety of fresh fruits..yummy!! Then we spent the rest of the morning back down by the coast. It was pretty cold this morning, and we all dressed pretty warm..well except for Paul, but he is always in shorts no matter how cold it is. Luckily I had packed Porter's swim trunks because once we got down to the beach, it had definitely warmed up enough for him to play in the water a little while. Here is the group trucking down to the beach. The view on the walk down to the coast was absolutely beautiful. Porter was our little fish and was in and out of the water almost the whole time. He LOVED it!! And when he wasn't in the water, he loved playing in the warm sand. I think we all couldn't get enough of the ocean!! Shane found some incredibly huge sea weed pieces that were pretty awesome! And here is cute little Paul all ready to play with his little orange sand bucket. Here is my beautiful Mommy enjoying the waves!! We had such a great time
The ocean just makes me sooo happy!! It was so much fun watching Porter run back and forth into the waves. He was in heaven.

I can't even tell you how relaxed being there made me feel. This picture is kind of funny because my Mom, Shane and I wanted to take a picture in front of the ocean, and all of a sudden, this HUGE wave came that was way taller than we were. It doesn't look big in this picture, but it got a lot bigger!!
We had to run to shore...haha, and then we finally got this picture of us posing.My Mom and Paul saw dolphins jumping again while we were on the beach. I was so jealous of them because I never saw any.

But we did see this cute little seal that was hanging out in the water not far from where we were playing. He was so cute, and it was so much fun watching him check us out.

After spending the morning at the beach, we headed back to pack up. We were so sad that we had to leave. We were not ready to go home yet. We kept debating whether or not we should try our hardest to drive straight home, or if we should stop for the night. On the way home, we hit some beautiful redwood forests. Some of the trees were absolutely humungous!! I couldn't believe it. They were absolutely incredible!! We definitely had a lot of fun playing around in the forest!! And the best part about the Redwood Forest you ask? Being there with a cute boy!After stopping in the forest, we were back on the road home. And to make a long story short, we were on the road for about 20 HOURS STRAIGHT except for taking a short stop to eat a huge buffet dinner at the Peppermill in Reno, Nevada!! My Mom and I traded off driving and we made it home alive!! :-) Porter did so incredibly well and basically slept the whole entire way home. He did so well on this trip and was such a great traveler the whole entire time we were gone. I am so so so sad that this trip is over. Thank you so much Mom, Shane, Paul and Porter for such a wonderful vacation!! It was so much fun spending time with all of you! I love you guys so much. Let's do it again sometime soon!!! :-)

1 comment:

Shirley said...

That video of Porter is so cute! I love hearing his giggles. And I love the ocean too. It is so beautiful! I miss California a ton just for that reason. I think someday when we're older we should take a trip to california. Our kids will be teens then and we might not feel so bad leaving them. :)