Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I'm a Big Boy Now

So for the last couple of months or so, Porter figured out how to jump out of his crib. The past week or so, it got really out hand and he would jump out and then back in like 20,000 times before he would fall asleep. Paul was convinced that it would just make matters worse by putting him in a toddler bed, but I somehow finally convinced him that Porter was definitely ready for a toddler bed, and it was better to face the inevitable. So last Friday, the 22nd.. we bought Porter a toddler bed. The whole evening while Paul was setting up his bed, we kept talking about how he was getting a 'new big boy bed' and he seemed pretty excited about it. When it was finally set up, he jumped right on the bed and played for a while. He was so happy. That night he fell asleep super easy because we put him to bed way past his bedtime. Since then, it usually takes him a little while to fall asleep..but he is doing much better than we thought he would. Here's cute little Porter on his 1st night with his new toddler bed.And here's how I found him when I went to check on him after he was asleep..haha!

In other news, last Thursday, the 14th, was Porter's 1st day wearing 'Big Boy Underwear'. We had bought some a couple of weeks ago, but he wasn't interested whatsoever. Then out of the blue, he asked me if he could please wear his 'Buzz and Woody' underwear. He grabbed them and even put them on himself..haha! We have been putting them on him every day after his nap. We aren't too concerned to get him potty trained as soon as possible, but we are just getting him used to the idea. When he wears them, I stick him on the potty about every half an hour until bedtime and he does great. He has only had 1 accident since wearing his underwear after naps. We have been giving him 1 mini M&M for every time he goes pee in the potty, and 2 M&M's for every time he goes poop in the potty. It's so funny because when he first figured out that he got a treat for going pee, he would go to the potty over and over again and sit there and just squeeze as hard as he could until just a little drop would come out and then say, "mommy..M&M please"..haha. He's a smart little cookie. Hopefully soon I will get the courage up to put them on for full days. What a cute big boy bum! :)
I can't believe how many changes my little boy is experiencing right now. He is just growing up so fast!! I love watching all of the new things that he is doing and learning. But part of me gets sad that he is so quickly moving away from the 'baby' stage. I have the most adorable little boy in the world!! I hope he knows how much we love him!! He just melts my heart every day!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

He is so cute! I love the pictures of him in his big boy bed! It's so precious! And the last pictures of his underwear bum! Adorable!!! He is such a smart boy!