Monday, April 11, 2011

Fun Day in Salt Lake

A couple of weeks ago, Porter and I invited my sister in law Dara and and my niece, Elsa, to the Discovery Gateway Museum with us. Porter loves it there and we just knew that Elsa would love it too. It was so much fun spending some time with Elsa and Dara and seeing Porter and Elsa playing together. They were so cute together!!Elsa was so cute playing in the little kids (3 and under) play area. She loved it. It was so funny because a couple of times she got so excited about the little toys that she was playing with that she would just scrunch up her little body so tight that she would start shaking. Then she would walk over to Dara as fast as she could with a huge smile on her face. She is just the most adorable little girl ever. She was so much fun to watch. Porter, on the other hand, ran wild through the museum the whole time....haha! He had a blast. He always gets so much energy out when we go there! He was also so sweet when he was playing with little Elsa. He would bring her toys and sit by her and play them with her. What a sweetie.After we were done playing at the museum, we took a little walk in downtown Salt Lake. First we stopped at the Vosen's bakery. YUMMY!! http://www.vosen.com/ It's a Germany bakery full of all kinds of desserts, pastries, rolls and breads. They also have tons of European chocolates and candies. I bought some bread and a pastry for Paul, and then the workers there gave both Dara and I a free bag of delicious rolls, and some croissants for the kids. They were so nice. I can't wait until I can go back there again. Next, we walked past Siegfried's Delicatessen. http://www.siegfriedsdelicatessen.biz/ I tried my hardest to walk right past, but I just had to have some salty black licorice. YUMMY!! The weather was perfect and the kids did great on the walk. I could have walked around downtown with Dara and the kids all day. We had such a great time. Thanks so much Dara and Elsa! Hopefully we can spend a day together very soon! Love you both so much!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

We need to go with you guys one time! Every time you post about it I love it! I'm so glad that Dara and Elsa liked it too. She is such a cutie!