Porter absolutely loved it!!


First we toured the conference center. For those of you that don't know, the Conference Center is home of the twice-yearly general conferences of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Other Church and civic events, including concerts of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, are held throughout the year. It was the kids first time touring it. It was amazing. We had a wonderful guide. It's amazing because I have toured the conference center many times before, but no words can truly describe the magnificence of this glorious building, nor can they describe my feelings that I feel when I go inside. The spirit of the Lord is definitely present there.



We then went to the North Visitor's center on Temple Square. We walked up to see the 11-foot statue of Jesus Christ on the top floor. It is the most beautiful and inspiring statue of Christ I have ever seen.



Afterwards, we went to pick up Geoff (Donna's husband) from his work at the Geneological library which is right across the street from Temple Square. When we were about to leave to go home, Donna discovered that she lost her keys. We went back to the van she drove and found the keys sitting in the seat with the doors locked. I felt so bad for her. So Geoff took half the kids and I took Donna and the other half of the kids to bring them home. The weather was CRAZY and it took us over an hour to go what usually takes 15 minutes. But we had tons of fun talking in the car. After dropping everyone off, Porter and I took over 2 hours to get home because the roads were so horrible. What an adventure. I was so happy to finally make it home safely. We had a super fun day! Thanks guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment