Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Nursery

Yes, the day finally came..my little baby went to nursery for his first time last Sunday and of course we had to get some pictures of him on his first day. I have total mixed emotions about it. On the one hand, Relief Society and Sunday School have become extremely difficult trying to keep Porter entertained and quiet and not distractive to the others in the meeting. This little guy just has SO MUCH energy and has the hardest time sitting still. I even had one little old lady in my relief society ask me if I have ever tried giving him 'nature walks' to help get some of his energy out..haha! On the other hand, it makes me so emotional when I think that he will no longer be with me in those classes and that is he is just growing up so fast. I really will miss him in those meetings with me. But Paul and I decided that we would try letting Porter go to nursery a couple of weeks early. We dropped him off and the first thing he did was run to play with the toys and the other kids. He could care less that we were leaving. So instead of staying to help him get adjusted, we just left. After our first meeting, we stopped by the nursery and looked through the window to see how he was doing. He was crying by the door..so we went and picked him up. Well, he did well for the 1st hour.. I guess we will see how he does next week.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

sorry he was sad. my oldest went in and didn't wantto leave... ever! :) it's another story with my younger two. hope he stays and has fun next week!

Shirley said...

How fun! haha. Jared can't wait for it. I am in primary so he gets to be with him. I think he has the same feelings as you. He loves the time he gets to spend with Ryan one on one and will miss it. I think it will be much more enjoyable for Ryan to play! I think doing it a few weeks early is smart. We might have to try and copy you. :) We still have a month and a half to go though. Porter looks so handsome in his church clothes!

Tracey said...

Ohhhh, how sad that he was crying! At least he did well for the first part. I'm sure he'll adjust after a few times. It really is nice being able to actually pay attention in R.S. and sunday school though..once they start going to nursery!