Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Great Salt Lake

Last Wednesday, Donna and her kids invited Porter and I to go with them to swim at the Great Salt Lake. I was bummed that Paul was at work and couldn't go with us, but we will just have to plan another trip there sometime when Paul can get off work. I was super excited to go because I hadn't swam there since I was a little kid and plus it is always so much fun hanging out with my sister and cute nieces and nephews. First, everyone came over to our house to have lunch. We had sandwiches, chips, fruit and chocolate icecream bars. It was pretty yummy. Then we all piled in Donna's 15 passenger van and headed off. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN. I had forgotten how absolutely beautiful it is there. The walk down to the water was a little rough. We were all in sandles and the sand was SO HOT. Porter and I even had to stop a couple of times to sit in the sand to let our feet recover from the hot sand. Here we are sitting in the sand.

Here is our cute Great Salt Lake Gang



Here is my sister Donna and I.
At first when we got down to the beach, we were attacked by brine shrimp and they looked like gross little bugs EVERYWHERE. We were pretty grossed out but we just ran through them and once we got in the water, it was a lot better. Porter was super cute in his little crab, but we couldn't find the sun shade for it..whoops. But he loved it and just floated around while everyone else swam.

Donna and the kids decided to try and swim to the antelope island, and Porter and I stayed on shore. Porter had a lot of fun playing with his ball and drinking caprisons. I think he drank about 3 of them. He is so funny.

We took some cute pictures of the gang returning from their long swim.

We had a wonderful day. Thanks so much for inviting us everyone! We had so much fun!! Hopefully we can make it back there soon again!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

I love this! I seriously think Porter is such a stud. I love his hair long. He is so adorable!!!