Tuesday, July 13, 2010

This is the Place Heritage Park

Last week Porter and I went up to This is the Place Heritage Park in Salt Lake City. I have been there many times before and I always think it is so peaceful and relaxing up there and there are so many fun things to see and do. I could spend all day, everyday up there just walking around. I love it. We started out petting the animals and tried to take Porter for a ride on the pony, but that didn't work out to good. He just fussed for the couple seconds that he was on the pony, and so I had to take him quickly off..maybe when he is a little older. Then we went and toured some of the early pioneer homes and Porter had fun playing with pioneer toys, and washing clothes and ironing like the pioneers did. We went on a couple of train rides. Porter was a little fussy at first on the first train that we rode on (as you can tell by his facial expression), but he did excellent on the second one..probably because there were a ton of beautiful geese and ducks to keep him distracted.Porter had tons of fun playing inside of a t-pee they had up there. He spent probably a good 20 minutes just walking around and playing in it. Probably has something to do with his Indian blood!! :)
We had a super fun day, but are hoping that we get slightly cooler weather next time!

3 comments:

EvaandJosiah said...

I love his rosy cheeks and hair and blue eyes in the sun, so cute! Man are you rich Emily, you go to so many places, I can't even keep in touch with you. haha He will have such a bright mind as he grows up, you keep him so active. That's soo cool! I still have yet to take Kaaja there, but it's because I can't really walk to much anymore, can you believe it, I have 8 weeks left and I have another baby, so excited to see you all Haslams on sunday :)
Love ya Emily! and Porter! and ofcourse PAUL!

Shirley said...

What a cutie! I love it! I love his personality. He is going to look back at your posts and know how much his mommy loved him!

Cerra said...

Portie looks like he's hot! I love his face on the train!