Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Fun

OUR LAND IS FREE BECAUSE OF OUR BRAVE and for them, I am truly thankful!
We had a wonderful 4th of July this year. We started out the weekend by going to my Grandma's for dinner and to watch fireworks that are done every year at Granite High School (I think that is the school). We have been going there for as long as I can remember, and it is always so much fun. Paul wasn't able to make it because he had to work on security documents for his work. We sure missed him. I love catching up with members of my family that I haven't seen in a while. Here's some pictures of the group. And here is my Dad with Porter and I. We had a fabulous barbecue. My step Mom Zuly and I thought that the hamburgers were amazing. Here is (L-R) my step sister Melissa, her husband Tyson, My Dad, and his wife Zuly. Porter had tons of fun playing with my cousin Tracy's son Corbin (2 years old) and with my step sister Melissa's boy Tristan (3). They were so cute running around in the backyard. Porter and Corbin LOVED the chocolate strawberry creamies.



Before the fireworks, Melissa and I took a walk over to the school to see the carnival and other events that were going on over there. It was fun talking with her. I don't get to see her too often because she lives in Idaho. We had a lot of fun. Then it was time for the fireworks. Since it was so late, I changed Porter into his pajamas so we could leave right after they were done. I had no idea what to expect because last year, Porter HATED the fireworks and we had to wait inside until they were over. This year he was a little unsure and a couple of times he snuggled his head to me when there were really loud ones, but he did awesome. At the end of the fireworks he kept pointing to the sky and saying WOW! He was so adorable. Here are a couple pictures of us watching the fireworks.


The next day, we had a 4th of July barbecue at my Mom's house. My sister's step kids are here from Oregon for the summer and we were so glad that they were able to join us for the 4th of July. They are so cute and I really miss them when they are not here with us. My Mom put on another INCREDIBLY barbecue and like always, I ate and ate until I popped. Bill did an excellent job manning the grill. And Porter loved the creampuffs for dessert. I thought his face here was halarious, so I had to get a picture. Here are our family 4th of July pictures.


Here is Paul's 4th of July awesome shoes! Aren't they halarious? He just cracks me up so hard. I love him! Here's me with my beautiful niece Elsa. When I was holding her, I turned her toward me and she just nestled her little head right into my chest. She is just the cutest little girl ever. I love her so much. She looked so cute in her little 4th of July dress.

After dinner, we all went over and sat on our neighbors lawn to watch the fireworks. Our neighbors are so cute and always bring out watermellon for everyone who sits on their lawn. It was awesome. We then went home and lit some fireworks that Paul had bought. Here's some of us watching the fireworks.Don't you just love that picture of Porter and Teddy!! I am going to blow it up and put it on my wall. I think it is absolutely adorable. After the firworks it was finally time for Paul's HUGE yearly homemade built firework. This is his 3rd year, and everyone looks forward to see what he is going to do. Here is his firework. Doesn't it look AWESOME?!?

His firework was incredible. The video is self explanitory. We all thought we were going to die, literally, but we all surprised and it was so much fun!! On the drive home, he was already planning what he was going to do for next year. We hope that you all had a wonderful 4th of July as well!


1 comment:

Shirley said...

Your 4th of July looked so much fun! I love all the pictures of Porter having fun. He is just such a fun kid! Your niece is adorable! How cute that she snuggled you. Precious!